Should this be happening?

Silver Member
Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 272
on my alpine deck theres a feature that allows me to just hear the bass, taking away any music comming from the speakers. should music be comming from the subs at all? like vocals/sounds other than bass? and if so, does this mean the LPF is set too high? i turned it down after i noticed this as i dont want to damage the subs. it wasnt a lot comming out, but i could deff. hear the vocals a little bit. i think im just going to take my truck in to a audio shop and have them set my amp up. every day i find myself messing with the knobs looking for the 'perfect' sound but i dont know what that sound is so its pointless lol any help would be appreciated. thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Dontavious89

Laurens, SC USA

Post Number: 30
What amp do you have?Sounds like you have your low pass frequency to high.Get a screw driver or allen wrench and turn it down to around 50-60 hz.Then it shouldn't put out high frequencies.If it still is,It might have a built in crossover switch,wich you can select low-mid-or high,If you see something like that move it to low.Hope I helped.

Silver Member

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 273
my amp is the JBL BP600.1 i dont see any switch for low mid or high. i turned down the LPF and i barely hear it if any, not sure if this is how is suppose 2 be or not

Bronze Member
Username: Dontavious89

Laurens, SC USA

Post Number: 31
Do you hear any bass,it's not supposed to put out much sound,but if no bass is coming out,you need to adjust your bass or subwoofer output on your head unit.

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 408
you may have your RCA's connected into your rear output of your headunit instead of the sub output...if you have sub outs...not all headunits will have that...

Silver Member

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 274
no theres a ton of bass, and a very little amount of vocals. and the RCAs are plugged into the SW (subwoofer) outputs not the rear. i adjusted the LPF (made it lower) and now its just clean bass. thanks for your guys input!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us