Just bought a 1100 watt sony xplod subwoofer

Jj2122
Unregistered guest
And i bought a 900 watt 4 way Soundstorm amplifier, will this work together ?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5624
not much point in asking if ya already bought both.

Jj2122
Unregistered guest
I can return it, but the sales man at walmart said it should work together, but he didnt talk like he knew much about it.

Help
Unregistered guest
Walmart isnt the first place I'd go for car
audio equipment.
I wouldnt expect them to know much either.
If you want someone to help
put more info up...
eg. RMS #s for the sub and amp, and ohm configs.

If youre not sure, take the stuff back
and go somewhere you can get better help.

Jj2122
Unregistered guest
Ill post all that stuff tomorrow, im away from home where the Amp and the Sub are.
Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5631
sony and soundstorm are cheap, poorly made products both.
I wouldn't use either of them if they were free to be honest.

Silver Member
Username: Chevy_for_life

Post Number: 201
almost anything being subs or amplifers at walmart are SH!T!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Protrex

Post Number: 16
Their selection of Scosche amplifer install kits and head unit mounting kits are very well priced. I find myself going to WalMart to buy amp install kits and other parts (RCA cable, speaker wire, battery terminals) when I am in a pinch since they are cheap and the normal audio shops are usually closed (after 6PM -- I like to work nights). I also used some of the roadmaster speaker boxes for some lightning audio subs I bought on clearence for $15 ea (10"). I plugged them into some off name brand amp (L.A. Audio) which I found on the floor in my friend basement under some cabling. I hooked them up with a Scosche 12 Gage Amp kit and Scosche Low Level Converter in my Friends 2001 Taurus. They bump, but not that hard. What do you want for about $90 installed?

-Jamie

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 120
Good point Jamie, too many people diss too easily. If you know what you're doing, you can always find good bargins, no matter what the store is called.

Silver Member
Username: Chevy_for_life

Post Number: 202
i'm talking bout subs and amplifers at walmart..their selection for installation kits and things like that.. are pretty nice..

Bronze Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 11
yo jj122..srry 2 brak it 2 ya bub but DONT BUY WALL_MART CAR AUDIO lol...all u can get at wall mart 4 car audio is batterys and wires..and that system wont work 2gether...sorry

Bronze Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 12
yo jj...u got msn bub...if so add me...i have sum good amp ideas 4 ya..i cant think of em right now
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us