Attach Amp to Sub enclosure YES?? NO???

Username: Kellygirl01

Post Number: 6
Will screwing my amp to my sub enclosure cause problems??

Bronze Member
Username: Blownriv

OH USA

Post Number: 58
that's a good question. i've done it with no problems, but my sub boxes have always been heavily braced, so the panels don't vibrate much. also, i isolate my components with rubber washers (and a layer of box carpet).

but on some boxes, you can actually feel the side panels vibrating like crazy. this cannot be good for the pc boards, components, and the solder joints inside the amp. it probably also alters potentiometer settings inside the amp, which can throw off fine adjustments.

i guess it depends on the amp and the box. if both are well-built, you shouldn't have any problems. of course the 100% safe route is to mount the amp in another location.

Help2
Unregistered guest
Not normally.
There is an awful lot of vibration on the box
and it could loosen some stuff up
but I wouldnt really worry too much about that

Username: Kellygirl01

Post Number: 7
It's only 1 10" alpine type e sub with a MTX RT202 200w amp, and a Bassworx ported enclosure.

I think it might be ok, anyway if my amp blows i have a 2 year warranty at Futureshop!
They'll just replace it!

Bronze Member
Username: Blownriv

OH USA

Post Number: 59
what happens if it blows in 2 1/2 years?

j/k. i wouldn't worry about it.

Silver Member
Username: Joe718

Brooklyn, NY

Post Number: 223
In the long run it will, even the best boxes still ahve some vibration.

Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 1
well my opinion is no so u wont hve 2 take the chance...another reason4 no is beause if u put it up front with u like under the seat u will b able 2 adjust some things
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us