UH OH...Did my hot wire fry?!?


New member
Username: Theused

Post Number: 1
Registered: Nov-04
Yeah, Someone tried installing my last cd deck and cut off the harness and never got it to work. So i went out and bought a harness and since then got a Pioneer cd deck to put in it. Well the pioneer won't turn on when i hook it up, so i tried my stock tape deck. The stock deck came on with the time for like 4 seconds and then shut off. What Happened? did i fry my hot wire or what? All my lights and what not work fine in my car and I already replaced the fuse he blew. PLEASE HELP.

thanks, Erik

Silver Member
Username: Joe718

Brooklyn, NY

Post Number: 221
Registered: May-04
Well I run aftermarket radios from the battery becasue half the time they pull more current than the factory. I know the same fuse that went ot my radio went to my speedometer and my power steering so i had to change it lol. also there might be more than one fuse for you radio. again my ar had on fuse for acc current an one for and one switched current. so try coming off the battery with a fuse inline to the battery.

New member
Username: Theused

Post Number: 2
Registered: Nov-04
My dad was saying we could try running a constant wire straight from the battery..so I'll try that then I think I'll just have to go pay a few bucks to have someone look at it. Thanks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us