Bridge amp to power front and back speakers

Username: Mxpxl82

Post Number: 1
Im getting Audiobahn ACS 4x6's and 6x9's for my car. I want to get an amp to push them close to their rms but Im not exactly sure what to look for. I know Ill need a 4 channel amp but Im not sure what wattage to get. the 4x6's are 80 rms and the 6x9's are 225 rms. My recieved puts out 50x4 watts.

Audiobahn A4004T 4 Channel Amp which is

4U Stereo : 50W x 4 RMS
2U Stereo : 100W x 4 RMS
4U Mono : 200 x 2 RMS

Audiobahn A6004T 4 Channel Amp which is
4U Stereo : 75W x 4
2U Stereo : 150W x 4
4U Mono : 300W x 2

I just want to put around the max rms for the 6x9's (225rms) and 4x6's (80 rnms). Will I be able to put 200+ watts to the back and put 80 or so watts to the front if I bridge the above amps?!

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 244
Whoa Jon, you can't bridge the 4 channel amp. If you do, you won't get stereo. Have you considered getting digital 4 channel amps to power front and rear? They use less power than Class AB. I think Audiobahn makes 4 channel digital amp. I was going to buy one but decided to go with high current A4125HCT model cause it offered remote bass control.
If you want to operate the amp in 2 ohms mode, double up on your speakers. That is, buy another pair of speakers and connect them in parallel. That is what I did to get more power out of the amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us