10 CD's in dash, or 1000 CD's in Trunk?

Jason Loop
I would really like to have MP3's in my car, but I am unsure what to get, and where to get it. Browsing around the net for car MP3 players, I found in dash MP3 CD players at places like www.crutchfield.com as well as some great deals on hard drive based players at www.carplayer.com... which type do you all think is better? Why doesn't crutchfield have hard drive based units? Carplayer.com seems to have good deals, but I do not know if hard drive is the way to go.

Thanks for any help anyone can give.... maybe someone has both?

-Jason

Tat Money
I bought one made by Clarion DXZ815MP, it is off the hook. It cost about 500.00 but well worth it. Instead of having twenty plus cd's in my ride, I have 5 mp3 CDwr's with 150+ songs on each disk. It has many cool features, gives a crisp clean signal, and video inputs for your Playstation 2 and TV.

Anonymous
same thing with my JVC KD-SX980 its great and also has a remote it plays mp3 but they have a newer model of mine its about 260 retail for mine but the new one that is out is like the kd-sx 1100 or 1000 or 2000 or something like that its better to get the newer model cause it has an lcd that moves and lookes cool cause you can change the color too

Anonymous
these guys have good ideas but why not do what i did go all out and put a vga screen in your ride maybe 300 bucks, had old computer parts lying around so i built one and stuck it in my ride well over the amount of mp3s these guys have (im talking 150+ songs to 50,000+ songs you choose) plus the ability of having dvds nav and all under the price of 500 bucks.

Silver Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 131
you took the words right out of my mouth im gonna do a pc in the car.........if you wanna do it in a small package look up itx and make a custom case so many other potentials i cant wait ....anonymous if you come back how did you power your pc inverter or one of those 12 volt pc power supplies (200 watt)?

thanks,

in search of bass

Silver Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 132
you could do wireless networking too hehe.

thanks,

in search of bass

Unregistered guest
www.carputer.com.au

Bronze Member
Username: Ps1k0

Post Number: 53
as an alternative crutchfield has the omnifi digital player. it has a 20 gig hard drive. you'll need an fm modulator if you don't have RCA inputs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us