? For Those with Brahmas

Silver Member
Username: Tafkam

Texas

Post Number: 113
I have done a lot of research on subs and am about 90 percent sure I will go with a Brahma 10 or 12 inch. How important is the box? For example, I could just stick it in a 10 inch sealed box from bigdogcaraudio at about 24 bucks, or the other extreme is the sub zeros, but way too pricy. Another possible options is the snailshell from powered4sound.com. That one supposidly will make my 10 inch brahma sound like 2 10 inch brahmas or some stuff like that.

I am leaning towards a 10 because I listen primarily to heavy metal and I think this would give me a tighter sound. BUT is it worth the $ to spend a crapload on a special box or will any decent box do with this thing. I have a Hifonics Brutus that will power the sub at 1 ohm at 1500 watts.

Help
Unregistered guest
First of all...the difference between a 10 and 12 as far as "tightness" is a myth.
Second of all...I would not...repeat, would NOT
spend close to 400 bucks on a sub and put it in a
25 dollar box.
A brahma needs bracing.
spend the cash, or build a proper box yourself.

Silver Member
Username: Tafkam

Texas

Post Number: 114
OK from what you are saying then a 12 would be better for me? I was thinking about that the 12 is only 30 bucks more. Yeah, you are right about putting it in a 25 buck box but I wonder if it is worth it for the really expensive boxes. Building it myself is out of the question, I have tried in the past but I must be impaired when it comes to stuff like that. I ended up with a box that not only was cockeyed but had about 10 pounds of caulk on it to seal up all the gaps. Not pretty......

So I may just go with the one from powered4sound at least they look good, are built specifically for the brahma, etc. Just have to save up a few more pennies is all.

Help
Unregistered guest
I listen to a lot of metal too.
I love 12" sealed subs.
and youre on the right track for the box.
good luck :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us