Trunk neons

Username: Midnightss07

Post Number: 6
how do i wire a neon to the trunk light so it comes on when i open the trunk? any special things i need.. i suck at electrical stuff so i need some good instructions.

thanks
Greg

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4148
pay someone who knows what they're doing to wire it for you.
that's your safest bet.

Username: Smallgun

Canada

Post Number: 1
One way that I have installed neon like that is using a relay. The relay triggers when it receives 12v+ so you parallel the relay to your trunk light. Since the relay is an electronic switch you connect it so that it interrupts the negative line to the neon. So that when you trunk light turns on it will trigger the relay and then it will turn on the neon.

Well I hope that I have helped you. If I have not explained my self very clearly e-mail me and I can send a diagram for you that might help.

Helper
Unregistered guest
you could use a relay however you will need to run a seperate wire from the cars battery(or fuse block) and send it all the way to the back of the car to where u want to put your neon lighting. This is a pain espacially since you have to remove a lot of carpet and reinstall it. (Kind of like installing an amp, only much simpler)

Bronze Member
Username: Ps1k0

Post Number: 55
remove carpet? i've done over 1000 amp/cd changer/ETC installs in the trunk that required running wires back to the trunk,and have NEVER had to remove carpet. sounds like you should have gotten a pro to install your stuff too.
btw what kind of electrical tape did you use to splice your wires with?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us