What amp?

Bronze Member
Username: Jlprix91

Muskegon, Mi Usa

Post Number: 23
What amp should i use for 1 jl audio w3, dual 4 ohm voice coil, 250 rms and 2 pyramid 6x9's the website says the 6x9s are 600 watt powerhandling does anyone know if these are any good Pyramid 6994 6" x 9" 4-Way Q-axial Speaker or can recommend what 6x9's to get? help

Bronze Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 44
Hey Cory, budget permitting, you have lots of choices for that power wattage. Since it's 4 ohm DVC, find an amp that's 2 ohms stable.
Pyramid speakers are as bad as BOSS and other cheap brands. If you want clean tight sound, stay away from them. They also lie about the power rating with peak crap. Most advertisers used to double up on rms power and say peak power, now they're tripling it, some even go higher. Look for rms rating.
I've tested several brands and so far Infinity had the richest sounds. I'm not talking about bass alone but full range, clear highs. Of course you can always go for the high end ones if you have the cash.

Bronze Member
Username: Jlprix91

Muskegon, Mi Usa

Post Number: 24
Cool man thanks i was thinking of sony explode 6x9's but i dont really like sony should i get them
and what amp for them? 100 rms
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us