I get no sound...why? help...

Bronze Member
Username: Djzavala

Whittier, Ca USA

Post Number: 78
Well im in a little pickle here. big problem, BIG!!! i had bad wiring so my amp shortened, now i have to get it fixed, ok, but now when i tried to put another amp to replace it, the subwoofers dont work, no sound!!! i thought i had blown them out but i then tried the amp on a 6x9 and still no sound, the amp does power up, but NO SOUND!!! what could it be?

Silver Member
Username: Bdb_86

Bemidji, MN Usa

Post Number: 197
it could just be the amp

Bronze Member
Username: Djzavala

Whittier, Ca USA

Post Number: 81
i dont think so because i tried 3 different amps and they all power up but none give out sound, and its not the speakers because i tried other working speakers and they dont put out sound either.

Bronze Member
Username: Skema

Manch, NH US

Post Number: 75
I think somethings fxcked up with your wiring or something

gearhead
Unregistered guest
If the amp has RCA line-in jacks. try hooking it up to a portable cd player via a cheap cable you can get at radio shack or somewhere. This won't help if your amp is dead, but it will let you know if your input wires are crap.

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 377
sounds like your rca cable is just fried

Username: Howlow

Post Number: 8
could be that when u shorted out, the amp out fuses on the back of the head unit for the rca's, i doubt that u actually fried. my rockford amp the first time i installed it in my car, it took a few minutes t charge up before it hit, every time i unhooked the power lead i had to wait a while for the subs to hit, i dont know if thats hat your goin through or not.

Username: Bass89

Post Number: 2
i need to know the basics of subs and amps
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us