Subwoofers face in or out?

Username: Lighting_boy

Post Number: 9
should i put my 2x 15" mtx 4500 face inside or face out side?

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis~

Post Number: 211
regular, no point in showing off a stamped basket

Bronze Member
Username: Elecgenius

La Puente, Ca United States

Post Number: 88
hey zac, nice to hear from u again,,, :-) i had a doubt though,,, on my ride i have a 1.2 cu ft sealed(no more space cus its a camaro box....))) so i put my sub face in cus it adds like .23- .25 cu ft to the box right?? i mean , those .23 help the sub move more air,, therefore creatinggreater spl......am i right or wrong... i could go for bigger box, but we're talkin fiber only here----on that care

Bronze Member
Username: Lighting_boy

Post Number: 15
my trunk is 58 " by 55 " hehe, im concidering open air, sugestions?

Silver Member

Post Number: 218
jack, i think mtx 4500's sound best in a sealed box, but thats only my opinion. we actually built two boxes one day and compared them with one woofer, first up, then upside down. one box was a little smaller than the other,(how much smaller?, the exact displacement of the woofer) that way both boxes had the same air space when we tested them. i wasnt surprised that when the woofer is upside down it lost 3 tenths of a db. we even metered our voltage at the battery and waited long enough for the voice coil to cool, in other words it was an accurate reading. i say if your subs are impressive from behind, then ya, show'em off. but if your only turning them around in an attempt to gain air space then i'd say its a waste of time, not only will you lose a few tenths of a db...but you'll also get some horrid port type noise from the vents in the pole piece and air moving through the spider. if more more air space is needed you'd be better off using poly fill, most subs dont have much displacement anyways. heck, a W7 12 only takes .14, not much ey?
hi elecgenius, what sub do you have?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 89
I HAVE A AW1206T---TWHO OF THEM.... THEYRE WORKING FOR ME RIGHT NOW. I CAN TAKE A COUPLE OF L7'S WITH THE HOOK UP RIGHT NOW,.....NEED UR ADVISE THOUGH----IVE ASKED THIS TO GLASS BUT I GUESS HIS ANSWER ALWAYS SEEMS TO POINT TO THE BRAHMA OR XX.X---- sorry bout the caps... im thinking of trading my audiobahns for some tarantulas t4's... i want to see if u think thats a good trade or would u even recommend those subs... i kno their owned by the owner of power acoustic but the owners never make the same gear efficiency under two different names... their usually different cquality..........sorry for responding today---bearly got back

Bronze Member

Post Number: 93
by the way---are the 1206t top of the line audiobahn wise.....best the company makes,,, or how do they stand

Silver Member

Post Number: 225
no the 1206 are not the top for audiobahn, they are middle of the road for them.
power acoustik does not own soundstream although they have a line devoloped by them both, called SPL
the T4's are a good sub, so are the brammas and the x x x

Bronze Member

Post Number: 95
but how do the t4's rate,,,, against the others... i heard them hit b4 in a ported but it had a crappy 1440 kole hooked up to it... it still would bump the hell outta 2 l7's with a 1601 jooked up to it.... im just wondering if its worth trading my subs for the 4t-12's----or 200 cash.,, or go with a different brand

Username: Opie_har

Post Number: 10
I hate to but in, but have just one aw1208t audiobahn sub, and it is hooked up to an audiobahn a2200hct amp, and I think that the thing pounds pretty hard. I really like audiobahn, even though a lot of people on here seem to really dislike them. But, if you like the audiobahn subs, the aw1208t really hits hard, this one sub will even make my wiper blades vibrate.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us