Need some help

Username: Gianetti

Glen burnie, Md A.a.

Post Number: 1
I'm more of an automotive guy then a audio guy so sorry if i don't know what the hell im talking about but i need your guys help with a cheap system.ok first off i got 2 12" subs look like an off brand( blitz audio)got them for free they say on the box 1000watts max 4ohm impedance no rms anywhere on it.my friend told me to check the rms "don't know"hey I'm an idiot..lol well i got a box for them off ebay for like 80$ and wiried them up like this http://www.jlaudio.com/tutorials/wiring/images/DVC_Parallel_2.gif and my friend gave me his old amp its a rockford fostgate punch 50x4watts rms continuous power into 4 ohms is this amp going to work on these subs and if so how do i wire the amp up i guess its a four channel amp because on the back of looks like this

do i go lr+ lr- to one sub
and lf+ and rf+ to the other??

also the thick power cord going to the amp under the hood is missing its fuse what amp fuse goes in it? thanks, don

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5546
45A fuse is good for that amplifier the way we're about to wire it.

you need to go to rockfordfosgate.com and fine the manual for that model, or anything similar to it that's 4 channels.
find out how to set the amp to bridged mode.
wire the amp properly using a wiring kit (knukonceptz.com has a 4ga kit for $30) so everything gets proper current.
that being done, you'll bridge the amp to run in 2 channel mode, and put one of the 4 ohm subs on each of the two bridged channels.
this will give you a clean 200 watts per sub, which should really make those blitz subs you got (yeah, no names, but hey if they work....) hammer.

what sort of automotive work do you do?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us