Amp High-Pass Input

Sammy
Unregistered guest
I have a Kicker 400.2 amp that Im gonna use for my MB Quart components with a Alpine CDA 9815 deck but Im not sure how to hook it up in high pass.I have a input on my amp for high pass but not sure what wire fits it would it be ok for me to just hook up the rca cables and have it run high pass that way or is that way only for low pass?

Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 873
are you looking at high-level inputs? those are for when you have no RCA outs on the head unit.

run RCA lines from the alpine's front outs to the amplifier's RCA inputs.
use the Alpine's built in 3 way crossover to handle the crossover points for the components.
set them at about 100Hz with a 12dB/octave rolloff (Q)
the alpine manual covers how to do this easily.

Anonymous

You should have RCA output behind the your alpine deck that is same as TV input where you put VCR and Video games. Although for audio it only has 2 output. I think its red and white but no sure. Anyway just plug RCA cable to back of the deck and run the cable at opposite side of power cable which gives you a power to amp. Your amp should have same RCA input usually on opposite side from where you connect speaker and power cables. Then move your switch on the amp that say HPF LPF or Crossover or something like that to HighPass Filter which filters out low singal to give good sound to speakers that has midrange or tweater. Then tweak the frequency then you are all set.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us