Wow... its like chinese!

Username: Macjr8586

Post Number: 5
so im very new to the car audio field but im interested in it! so i have a few questions.... there are all different kinds of subs not to mention some are 2, 4, and 8 ohms... what does the ohm level have to deal with? i think i understand RMS and peak power, but when buying a amp would it be good to match up the RMS numbers? speaking of amps, what in the world does Bridgeable mean? i guess i could use this example to clarify on

Max power per channel: 900W @ 2 ohms
300W RMS (continuous) x 1 @ 4 ohms, bridged
150W RMS (continuous) x 2 @ 2 ohms
75W RMS (continuous) x 2 @ 4 ohms

so if i can get this straight... each channel on this 2 channel amp can get up to 900W at 2 ohms... but what does the rest mean?

all information is greatly appreciated! also if there is like a little noob guide to car audio that i should read.. feel free to post a link!

thanks a bunch

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5507
read the following website top to bottom and all of your questions will be answered:
www.bcae1.com

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5508
after you've gotten through that site, there are more that go into greater detail on specific points about car audio, like relays, amplifiers, enclosure design etc.. but that can all come later if you're still curious.

Username: Macjr8586

Post Number: 6
thanks man
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us