Problum need help please!

taylor
Unregistered guest
The system i got put in 2 days a go just f**ked up on me. I hav a rockford p8002 amp pushing 2 10 inch rockford rfd2210 hx2 subs. I was just listening to it when i noticed the base wasn't hiting as hard so i looked at the subs and the right one was hiting hard as normal but when i checked the lift one it wasn't even moving the only movment out of it was the box vibrating from the other sub. What cood cause the sub to all of a suden quit working like that? I think it cood be that chanel of the amp might hav fried or the sub cood of f***ked up. Keep in mind the system is only 2 days old. Thanks for your help!

Silver Member
Username: Decde

Canada

Post Number: 198
check the impedance of your subs an calculate. you probably made your amp clip.

Silver Member
Username: Decde

Canada

Post Number: 199
check the impedance of your subs an calculate. you probably made your amp clip.
the amp is
400 @ 4ohms
200 @ 2ohms

taylor17
Unregistered guest
the subs are dule 4 omes and the amp is bridged what do you mean i mad the amp clip and how do you fix it

Silver Member
Username: Elecgenius

La Puente, Ca United States

Post Number: 112
he means u probably overpowered one of the channels. u made it over work. try to lower the gains. hook up the left to the right and see if its the channel. a messed up rca can cause the amp to get right but not left. swap the right and left on the amp. usually if u dont get smoke, than it usually is not the sub, when its gone but not that bad u usually get a lil excursion on the sub although it sounds like sh1t. like i said, start with connections though
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us