Simple but Sweet

Username: Gambit_002

Post Number: 1
I know you guys must get this question all the time, but i tried to skim through the boards to find one, but i am very tired and gave up. Im looking ot put a simple, but nice system in my car (explorer). All im thinking i want is one 10" with a mono amp. Im keeping my factory deck to try to avoid theft (i live on a college campus). My bidget is around $500 or so. I dont need ot hit hard, all i want is a clean, sharp base. At one of the local car audio stores, a guy told me to get a JL 250/1 amp with a 10W3 sub. His reasoning behind the amp was due to the fact i have a factory deck i need a much nicer amp to compensate. Dose this sound like a good system or is he trying to rip me off? Granted id like my box materials to be included in the $500. Ive read you guys mention shivas, what are those? What do you guys suggest?

Silver Member
Username: Hiphopanonymous

Post Number: 157
that jl stuff should do you fine. they have nice sq. using your stock deck will probably destroy the sq though, so if you got the $, then you should get a deck as well. maybe get a detachable face to prevent theft? also, you have an advantage when it comes to spl because you have an suv.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us