Hooking up 1 12" sub

Username: Dontavious89

Laurens, SC USA

Post Number: 1
I have a volfenhag 12" zx-4712 dvx subwoofer,it has dual 4 ohm voice coils.I also have a profile california series ap1000 watt 2 channel amplifier,What would be the best way to hook my sub to the amp.And does anyone know if the juggernaut sub by mmats is any good?Some guy is sellin his used for $500 with box

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 1010
from what i can see you amplifier is only stable to a 4 ohm bridge. So you have only a 2ohm or 8 ohm option with that sub in mono but you could do a 2 ohm stereo hookup. One voice coil to each left and right channel and run a electronic crossover on it to filter out unwanted bass. The juggernaughts can be good depending on the model but they are geared more toward spl than sq. I have the lanzar dc 12's oldschool which the company that makes juggernaughts helped make they are used 12's and i will sell them for 100 bucks a pair if your intrested.

Username: Dontavious89

Laurens, SC USA

Post Number: 2
Thanks , What would be the best subs for spl,I'm lokin to be a big hit at car shows.And can I have a picture of those lanzar dc 12 subs,I might buy them.

Silver Member
Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 237
if you want to be a big hit at car shows..lanzar and profile isnt going to do it for you

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 1011
ryan these lanzars are not the pyramid junk that they make now. They are the original lanzars dc 12's they were before the company went belly up and pyramid bought them out they were 200 plus a piece 12's back in the day. I will get some pics taken of the subs for you bryce.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us