Being Heard!!!

Unregistered guest
Recently had professionals install the JL 1000/1 and 12w7 HO box in the back of my Acura RL sedan.(With Dynamat in the trunk lid)
But even with the amp, volume, and bass EQ turned all the way up; my bro can barely hear the bass sitting in his car next to mine!?
What gives? Isn't the 12w7 supposed to be one of the best?
Is my trunk to small? Does the RL trap the sound too well? Would a sealed box carry the sound further? Why can I hear other cars like a block away?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated....thanx

Username: Blownriv

OH USA

Post Number: 5
quote: "Does the RL trap the sound too well?"

you may be onto something there. what happens when you roll down the windows?

taylor
Unregistered guest
ya i hav the same problum with my rockford fosgates they are in a extended cab truck i hav 2 10's and i can't hear the base standing beside the truck

dat
Unregistered guest
my chevy truck holds sound in very well...

tipically this is a good thing, the more sound that stays in the cabin, the louder it will be in the cabin.

in most cases, your spl will be louder if you test it outlaw (doors or windows open) such as in a USACi event. but many competitions do not allow you to run out law (DB drag for example).

anyways, if you wanna be heard outside the car, you'll just have to roll down the windows and allow the sound to escape the cabin.

personally i'd rather people not hear me, you never know just WHO is listenin or WHO wants a free system.....

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2562
Why do you consider this a problem? The sole purpose of having subs in your car is for YOU to hear them, the less that people outside the car hear means you have that much more power inside the vehicle. The fact that your trunk has been dynamatted keeps the bass inside the vehicle more, plus the car has more factory sound deadening and is sealed better overall than most.

"Would a sealed box carry the sound further? Why can I hear other cars like a block away?"
The reason you can hear other cars blaring is because they didn't sound deaden their hooptie boxes like you did. Consider yourself a step ahead. A ported box would be louder, thus carry sound further. I agree with the above, vent your trunk with the cabin, if you really want other people to hear the bass, roll the windows down. But then, if your sole intention is to annoy others with your music you're giving this hobby a bad name in the first place.

j-dub dub
Unregistered guest
"But even with the amp, volume, and bass EQ turned all the way up; my bro can barely hear the bass sitting in his car next to mine!?"

All of these should not be turned all the way up to get the most out of your system. You have to properly set the gains on the amp. If you don't, the amp will clip and will not play as loud or as clean as it can.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us