Confusing amp situation. Can't figure it out.

Bronze Member
Username: Stamant

Pensacola, FL USA

Post Number: 16
Jonathan, Glass, or someone intelligent. Here is the situation. I have tried to figure this out on my own and I just am getting frustrated. I do not know what kind of amp to purchase for my system. So far for speakers I have MB Quart RCE 216 component speakers, MB Quart Coaxials, and two 10" Kick comp subs which are SVC at 8 ohms. The amps I have are an older PPI 2x 150W at a 4 ohm load and a Pioneer 4 channel 35Wx4. I know I need to buy another amp but which amp do I run to what speakers? Would you buy another amp for the subs and if so what kind exactly. Please help with your opinions as I am losing direction. Thanks. Paul

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5431
you could just use the pioneer 4ch amp for the MBQ components, and bridge the PPI amp to mono and run the two subs in parallel on that
you'd be all set

Bronze Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 29
Hey Paul, bridging the PPI amp should give you more bass power. I'd get a stronger 4 channel amp instead. Pioneer amps aren't that great. Besides 35W is not much compared to your HU. I have 100W x 4 rms driving my front and rear speakers. They sound very clean even at high volumes.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us