Phantom Amp?

Username: Vermiciouskanid

San Antonio, TX USA

Post Number: 1
Ok, a little background first. financial strain forced me to pawn (doh) my beloved RF punch 301m amp. upon returning to get my amp from lockdown, i discovered that the freakin shop sold it!!! the Mgr owned up to the mistake and let me take my pic of any amp in the store. most were crappy but i decided on an Aurora AMP-1400.2 (best guess is 1400 watts X 2). its pretty heavy, about twice as long as the RF, is bridgable, has LPF and a gang of settings along with a Recomm? port (looks like a phone jack).

Question: Any one heard of or have any specs on these and whats the quality as Googling turned up no info on manufacturer or distributor.

any info would help and thanks in advance

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5352
personally I'd have made the bozo replace the amp with the same thing.. even if it has to come from eBay, and he eats the charge.

Silver Member
Username: Koz1031

Monticello, In United states

Post Number: 256
try goooogling just aurora amp. There is a plithorea of info on that, maybe not your particular model, but I wasn't going to serch thru 10 pages to find out.

San Antonio, TX USA

Post Number: 2
Glass,
the mgr did offer to search inventory at his other stores for something else if i didnt like the selection, but i was impatient and jonezin for some bass so i picked 1. still havent connected it yet......go figure

i'll let you know performance when i finally get pluggd in

Koz,
waaaaaaaaaay more than 10 pages. mostly NASA stuff and tube amps but i'm still lookin

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5375
'aurora' is a cheap no name brand, like legacy.
you really should have gone after him to replace that RF amp with something at least comparable. Not a $40 amplifier.
Sorry you got boned by that place. That really sucks.

San Antonio, TX USA

Post Number: 3
yeah long as the bleedin thing works. it'll be replaced soon by a Planet Audio BB1250.1. I've been researchin amps and liked what i saw in these for the price.

Any other recommendations?

San Antonio, TX USA

Post Number: 4
Oh yeah, It'll be pushin an old school (round) solobaric s12d 8Ohm in a .66cu ft enclosure

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5401
a lot of folks like PA amps, but PA is owned by BOSS Audio, and I'm not that into anything made by BOSS.
Cadence has some very nice amplifiers you could give a look to.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us