Opinions Needed...

Username: Therainman

Post Number: 6
This Question has been asked more then once im sure.

I'm looking for a subwoofer with woofer charistics and sound QUALITY. What im asking is i would like to know what sub will give me the best sound quality.

I don't want a sub that is all bang.. for instance, when listening to a rock song i dont want to be one note bass.. after awhile all it sounds like is the sub is just playing for no reason and its not even in sync with the song..

I listen to floyd clapton tool perfect circle.

does anyone understand where im comming from?
i belive the car audio industry is more for the noise rather then the TRUE sound of a sub.
I have 4 12's cerwin vega floor standing speakers hooked to my comp on 2 carver amps it gets around 159 DB Clearly. the bass is in sync with the mid and the mid is in sync with the tweeter... ones not louder then the other but there all loud as hell and it sounds full with awsome bass and mid and treble..

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5358
Treo or Image Dynamics. Their high end subs.
look at an Aperiodic enclosure and lots of clean class-AB amp power if you have a car with a trunk.
that'll be THE best SQ you'll get from subs as far as setup goes, and those are some of the better SQ targeted subs.

as a reference, I use KEF Reference and MartinLogan speakers at home, and my car is set up strictly for sound quality events

Post Number: 7
Well they will be going in a s10. What will sound better for that truck ported sealed or bandpass?

Bronze Member
Username: Businessboy

Post Number: 30
ported in my opinon!

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5367
yeah I'd probably lean toward ported (low) if you have the room, or small sealed enclosures if you don't.
Go with tens in that little truck.
AP is out of the question in a truck pretty much since both chambers of the enclosure need to be completely isolated from each other.
Hard to build a good SQ system in a pickup in my opinion.
The cab is just too cramped and speaker locations are the pits.
I never liked workin on trucks for audio. Just a personal thing.

Post Number: 8
Well its a 91 ext cab 4x6 kappa perfects and kenwood 4x10's in the back on a pioneer premier mp-550 head with a boss pd-3000 amp. at the moment i have 2 10inch kicker comps svc, in a sealed box. Im going to put 2 6x9's in the drop down seats prolly infinty kappa's or in the doors. Now wut sub will give me WOOFER like quality rather then subwoofer quality. there is a difference and its noticable.

I guess what im trying to say is if you have heard better all u know is what you have heard.
Visiting with a older friend in the past week he has some 21' 1920's woofers and sum horns to go with it hoked on a 1 watt linear amp that sounds like heaven. "sex to the ears" id like my truck to sound half that good.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5383
subs cover 80Hz and below generally.
if you want higher ranges, use midbass drivers for the 50-200Hz range.
midrange components will handle from 125Hz up, give or take.

that's pretty much the way it separates out in cars.
home audio is a whole different world. subs are 120Hz and down, woofers are usually 250Hz and down, and anything else is handled by the smaller drivers or ESL panels.

Post Number: 9
Well what model number would you think out of the two barnads would best suit my wants for my truck for The BEST SOUND QUALITY possible?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us