Whats the difference?

dwnrytepnoi
Unregistered guest
can anybody enlighten me and tell me what the difference is between a 2ohm sub and a 4ohm sub? i know the ohms are a measure of resistance, but in terms of sound quality and load capacity, which one is better??? HELPP!!

Silver Member
Username: Decde

Canada

Post Number: 193
There is no difference at all. Like u said, it's only a mesure of resistance.

BlownRiv
Unregistered guest
the choice is based on how many subs you'll be running, the amp you choose, and sometimes your system goals. it's more about compatibility than sound quality.

having different VC impedance options can give you an extra degree of flexability when you try to wire multiple subs to a one, two, or more amplifier channels. also, if you are looking for more SPL, lower resistance VCs can allow you to extract more power out of amps with conservative power ratings.

Silver Member
Username: Decde

Canada

Post Number: 196
Ya, whatever he said :P

Bronze Member
Username: Skema

Manch, NH US

Post Number: 67
what i need to know is whether a DVC sub with a 4 ohm resistance is 4 ohms total, or 4 ohms per voice coil for a total of 8 ohms.

When I buy an amp I need to know if Xw rms thru 1 channel @ 4ohms is the right thing to buy.

BlownRiv
Unregistered guest
a DVC subs rated 4 ohms usually means 4 ohms per coil, so it would be a 2 ohm or 8 ohm final load, depending in whether you wire the coils in series or parallel.

if you want 4 ohms, get a 2 ohm DVC, or buy a single coil sub.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us