Good News! System almost complete!

Silver Member
Username: Audiobahn_man

Freakmont, MI

Post Number: 237
Hello everyone, I finally got my JBL bp 600.1 and my 2-12'' V-Maxs installed in my custom box tuned to 32 Hz. It sounds fantastic even at high volume, I was very supprised at the xmax of the V-Maxs it sounds just as good at 20 volume as it does at 25. At 25/34 volume my eyes start to get blurry.....I got it metered today and I got a legal 133.2Db at the dash and an outlaw of 136.7Db at the port (termlab or something like that i believe). I am very happy, only thing i need now is a HO Alternator, and to dynamat my trunk lid, I can sit on my trunk lid and get vibrated off lol... I have 2 batterys hooked up and it still wants more. I posted this to say thanks to everyone for answering my stupid questions. Im well known at school now and within the next 3 weeks I have to build 4 differnt boxes for people I know....its crazy. Thankx again! Jonothan,Glass,Sean you guys helped me out alot and I m very greatful! Thankx alot! (P.S. I am so facinated with car audio I would like to know more about what classes i should take in college to be able to build boxes, instal systems, and stuff like that, and i am very serious about this! I would love to open up an audio store in my city, there is only 1 other one and all they sell is audiobahn, mostly the lower end stuff. Thankx again!)

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 1001
Great Steven! Im glad your pleased with your results and that it has gotten you jobs for others as well. Youll have to keep us posted on the results of the other systems your doing as well. Thanks for the thanks bud. Glad I could help you out.

Silver Member

Freakmont, MI

Post Number: 239
Well last night I made a 6 cubic foot box for 2 12'' audiobahn aluminums, tuned to 34 Hz. It was in the back of a grand marquie so i made a box witht he subs facing up and the box fits perfect into the rectangle part in the trunk. He had a JBL 1200.1 and i wired his cap and head unit all in 4 house and i ran the RCA's and power wire (I hate trying to find a predrilled hole) But I was supprised on how well it sounds...It is very loud but it sounds really good, i was happy, I made 50$ off of it so I was happy. Today i have to build a box for Matt, he has 2 12w6 and 2 power acoustics, and an infinity 2400watt amp. I am going to try to put all 4 in because we are having a bump off in our school parking lot on thursday..... hehehehe

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 1002
Thats cool steven if any of them get them measured for spl let me know. I also wanted to ask you if you used a cd with bass test tones when you ran your car through on the term lab. Who knows you might even be louder if you didnt hit the right frequency. I also wanted to remind you of the baffle idea I told you about before that could add up to 3 db as well.

Silver Member

Freakmont, MI

Post Number: 244
well yea i was thinking about that, but my box is glued so damn tight i couldnt get it apart, and it sounds almost perfect as it is I Love It! I need to dynamat my trunk but i have to get my car fixed before then so prolly gunna be a few weeks. Yea i put test tones through, it started at 50 and went to 30 so yea i think i maxed it out....but thankx for the idea. I plan on buying a double shot or getting one for christmas so i hope that it will work out niceeeee!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us