Imput please

Silver Member
Username: Heavyb

Hopkins, Sc Usa

Post Number: 158
hey i ordered 2 12 cerwin vega vmaxs fron onlinecarstereo.com and one came with a slightly cracked basket. i amp getting another sub free but i was wondering if welding a few small craks in a frame will effect the sound quality considerably. should i try it or bad idea. i already asked this but only one person answered.
i was also wondering if i could run 3 subs off of my amp. i have the dvc 4 ohms subs and a fosgate 700s 2 channel amp that is stable to 4 ohms. if i run 3 i get a 2.66 ohm load. is it severily dangerous to run subs like this or is it okay if u are carefull. please give me ur opionions. do u think i will be satisfied with 2 12s or will 3 make quite a difference.

Silver Member
Username: Audiobahn_man

Freakmont, MI

Post Number: 233
If it is only stable at 4 ohms dont run it any lower than 4, i ran my amp at 1 ohm when it was rated at 2 and after about 5 min the thing was to hot to touch, so dont do that, and i think i was the only one who posted on your other thread but I would try to bondo it or something like that, welding is way to much current and may screw with the voice coils, just my oppinion, glass what you got to say?

Silver Member
Username: Heavyb

Hopkins, Sc Usa

Post Number: 159
the welding would be on the frame not on anything that i think would have electricity running thruogh it. please give me some imput

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5311
I think the Vmax uses an aluminum basket.. not sure.
don't think welding it would work.

Silver Member
Username: Koz1031

Monticello, In United states

Post Number: 244
If the current doesn't mess anything up, even though the baskets are aluminum, you could still get them tig welded back together. I wouldn't try a mig weld, alum. spltters way to much. And according to the book, you should preheat alum. to 400 to properly tig it. But from first hand exper. this is not always true. You are just wanting to fuse a couple of pieces back together, they don't have to be that strong. Check with the local welding shop and get their input on it tho.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us