Subwoofer Comparison2

Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 9
What would the most obvious differences between the IDMAX 12" and the RE X.XX 12" be? They seem, just from reading the forum on a daily basis, to be some very good subs.

Thanks,
Jake

Gold Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 1036
idmax are more SQ subs than 3X are, but sacraficing some SPL doing it...still damn loud though

personally, i like IDMAXs cuz im more of a SQ guy verses as loud as i can get it...thats just me though

New Jersey US

Post Number: 10
I noticed woofersetc.com had a really good price on the IDMAX 12" (329$). Is that a reliable place to buy it from or should I bring my business elsewhere?

Bronze Member

New Jersey US

Post Number: 11
Also, what would I get to power one? I was looking at the 04SX900.2 by Kicker. 450x2 at 2 ohms. Amp seems a bit expensive but it doesn't have a lot of configuration options (Eq, high/low filters, etc.) I was told by Glass to run an IDMAX w/ dual 2 ohm coils with a stereo 2 ohm amp.

Bronze Member

New Jersey US

Post Number: 12
Fix the last post...
Amp seems a bit expensive but it DOES have a lot of configuration options (Eq, high/low filters, etc.)

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5200
it's a good amp. any good high power class-AB amp is going to be expensive.
In general, you pay considerably more per watt for a class AB than for a class D amp, but the AB will be a much cleaner amp.
Generally, as a rule of thumb, the good class AB amps are in the price range of one dollar per watt.

That's almost dead on for my Orions. The 2250 puts out over 1250wRMS x 1 @ 4 ohms bridged @ 14 volts, and they retailed for $1250

Username: Matt25

Post Number: 1
hey i have 4 10" infinity perfects but 1 is cracked and another one has a bunch of rips in the rubber i was thinking about trading them for 4 10" ARC KAR subs is this a wise decision. if you know anything about ARC subs if you could tell me that would be great since i dont know anything about them
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us