Can any one give me their opinion on these....

Username: Businessboy

Post Number: 7
i am getting delivered and installed a kicker 850.2 amp, a 15" L7 - good combo guys?

i did post a few weeks back, so thanks guys for helping. i am hoping this amp will give the solobaric some omph!! (was gona go for a rockford 600.2 - until u guys made me see sense!)

i've order a enclosure designed by kicker am told. but it's ported and only 1.5 ish cubic feet. think i'm gona have to build custom! thing is these subs need big boxes - and i dont have the biggest of cars - a mk5 golf tdi!

Post Number: 9
wheres jono, reading up on here, he knows his stuff.

u guys think i need a cap?

Bronze Member
Username: Hifonics

Post Number: 46
if u want it 2 hit hard which they are capable of you will need 2 build a bigger box, the box makes the sub and y would u need a cap, dont waste your money on a cap, if u want more playin time buy a alternator with the money you were goin 2 waste on a cap nad you should b good But 2 b sure wats is the sub 2 or 4 dvc nad wats the specs on the amp

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2490
1.5 cu ft net for a 15" L7? That is REALLY small for a 15" ported, or sealed for that matter. Most 15" subs are at least 2 cu ft sealed, and 3 cu ft ported at the least. Kicker recommends 3-6 cu ft ported for the 15", depending on your goals. They have box plans on the PDF files on their site, you can also email them about a box to build, 1.5 cu ft just isn't right. About the cap, with that small car, an alternator upgrade will likely be needed.

Post Number: 10
cheers for the comments, the system is being replaced by insurance. so i wouldnt be paying for the cap. reckon i should get it? told they dont help too much. it's a small car but the alternator in the diesels is sufficient i beleive. much bigger than the standard 1's fitted in the petrols. i have seen the designs of boxes and will build if required. i'll find out this week. asked the guy the box size and the told me 43 by something etc. was tryin to work out if that was in inches or cm! inches i wish!

i went for the 4 ohm version. better putting less load. as the amp puts out 850 rms bridged at 4 ohms.

i havent heard any solo barics, and with alot of mention of its sq - getting a bit worried. i've had 10" pioneer sub(starter system) and 12" type r alpine 300 rms -which was good! but my rockford amp was sending it too much power.

reckon this new setup will sound good? should be installed this week! hope its a big diff to what i'm used too.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
any thoughts guys?

Bronze Member
Username: Elecgenius

La Puente, Ca United States

Post Number: 52
heya paddy, i was this close to buying an alternator, but my thought was this: im gonna be bumpin it more with my car off sometimes than with my car on. i went with the almighty optima battery yellowtop deep cycle. it will probably cost 20 bucks more than the alternator but it kept me bumpin for about 6 hours. car turned on like a charm. and just to tell u how much power my system takes in, i fried a 4 gauge wire right before a 120 relay. try it, it wont let u down.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
wow sounds like u got a hungry system!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
so... has anyone heard the kicker -15" L7's? cant wait for the install saturday!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Elecgenius

La Puente, Ca United States

Post Number: 62
i heard them man--i was impressed. my friend had a setup on an isuzu rodeo taht had 3 300 rms memphis with a hammer series amp 900 peak to each. when he got the 2 15" L7's, he was hitting about 30 percent louder. they are spl monsters but lack a lil in the sq department. and yes it is a hungry system man, its hitting deeper than my friends l7's 15" on his customed tuned box. hehe
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us