Ground wire

Username: Businessboy

Post Number: 8
i didnt know where to bolt the ground wire down in a mk4 golf, so i taped it to a bolt under the back seats - didnt want to drill a hole as didnt wana damage anything. i really did secure the tape - should i just leave it? it was in a mates car.

Bronze Member
Username: Deathshadow

Post Number: 90
The metal where you want to put a ground wire needs to be sanded away to expose the bare steel. You must screw/bolt/or weld it down. if you dont want to drill in the floor look on the "roof" of the trunk.

Silver Member
Username: Koz1031

Monticello, In United states

Post Number: 231
Or a rear seatbelt bolt is a good place also.
Just be sure to do as Damien said and sand the metal-get all the paint off. for a good ground.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 93
Monticello, NY by any chance?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 94
I won't touch the seatbelt or anything like that for a friend or other person's install. To much of a liability issue if the seat belt just happened to fail in an accident etc...

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 369
...the seatbelt wont fail...it just wont...jsut make a little hole under the carpet...nobody will know...com'n do it, do it

Bronze Member
Username: Audionoob13

Novi, MI USA ...

Post Number: 60
Whats so hard about making a little hole and putting a connection in for your ground? its not like anyone will ever see it, and its not like it will void you warrenty and make your car break down! just dont drill through the gas tank.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 99
yeah 99.9% chance seatbealts wont fail, but in a world where everyone is lawsuit happy itd be your luck they come after you. You then would no longer have a house. Civil lawsuits SUCK!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 100
Here is a fine example that I just remembered:

In our local area a thief broke into a house and got locked in the owners' garage. I don't remember all the details pertaining to how he couldn't get out but it so happened the owners were away on vacation. A week later they found this man in their garage and he was in desperate need of medical attention and had eaten only the dog food that was kept inside the garage for sustenance. This THIEF gets to the hospital gets treated and yadda yadda yadda. Well it turns out THE ROBBER pressed a civil lawsuit against the owners of the house for not having a way out of their garage and HE WON $600,000 !! So next time you go and screw with things that could possibly danger peoples lives or do some serious damage, don't think they cant come back and scr3w you; even if it isn't remotely related (seatbelt bolt). Another example is like the very fat women who pressed a lawsuit against McDonalds for offering to much fatty food and won... Or people that burn themselves with coffee and win; everyone is looking to make a buck and it would be just your luck. :-)

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 370
so it wasnt a good idea to affix my ground wire to my gas tank?

Gold Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 1023
lol...i really hope ur kidding

Silver Member

Post Number: 101
lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
lol!!! think i'l go for the gas tank option! :-)

nah i aint gona get taken to court. the guys my best mate. i taped the ground wire down with some amazingly strong sticky tape to the bolt of the seat belt. i did once try undoing a similar bolt but failed! this sticky tape aint coming off! so i'm reckoning it should be fine, but told him to drill and secure it himself! :-) in his hands now.

Silver Member
Username: Koz1031

Monticello, In United states

Post Number: 236
I tried to blow this off the first time I read it, but I just can't. Let me understand this You taped the ground down. Not bolted, not screwed, but taped. You actually used that stuff that comes on a roll that is smooth on one side, and sticky on the other. You taped the ground wire down.
I hate to tell you this but even my 8 yr. old knows better than that.
This has got to bea quaulity install. I really wish I had thought of it. It would make installations a lot easier.
Tape the ground wire down. That is so easy. just use amazingly sticky tape. So simple. geeeez.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
was only temporary solution, the tape was a special really thick type. and the wire was wedged beneath a bolt. - told my mate to get it done properly. b 4 he attempts any backseat action! lol

anyways love the sarcasm!

Juggalo Jeff
Unregistered guest
tape the ground wire just lemme ask this how the f did u think of that

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
:0 ok, ok! calm down.

- i have an inventive streak in me! :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts