Problem with audiocontrol

Silver Member
Username: Eclipse2005

Vicenza, Vicenza Italy

Post Number: 266
Hi i kist installed an Audiocontrol EPIC-160 in my car and it seems it saturates a lil bit. I mean when i bump with stuff with over 4000 w RMS they sound is crap and it's better actually without it...any suggestions?

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 6652
i don't know much about the epic 160 but i assume it is similiar to the epicenter. i am running the epicenter right now with 5000wrms and it sounds better with it than without.

do you have the sweep wide? it sounds much better when the sweep is little less than half way.

Silver Member
Username: Eclipse2005

Vicenza, Vicenza Italy

Post Number: 268
well after 2 days i blew up both Orion 2500D....probably coz they were getting to much voltage from the epic...could it be possibile? the epic has a 8v preout RCAs, the Orions are max 5v.....so i fried them...good choice to mount an epic...

Silver Member
Username: Boomtank

Post Number: 112
u blew up 2 orion 2500d's that sucks.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7829
ok the epic has an 8v preout but that doesn't mean its constantly putting out 8v. you probably set your gain on the amp too high. if you used a dmm and set your gain that probably wouldn't have happened.

or you amps could may have been bad.

i have the audiocontrol epicenter, matrix, and the eqx in my system right now. all are capable of up to 13v preout. my amps are just fine. i have 2 orion 2500d also.

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 704
i had the same problem donato...the epic-160 boosts the low end quite a bit depending on the source of the music and song that your playing...what i did is raise the frequency of my subsonic to compensate a bit and adjust the eq...it may sound like the epic is a piece, but quite the opposite. Once you get the bass to have a bit of seperation between notes, you will have deep, clear bass while making the amp not have to work as hard.

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 705
im also not sure how you fried your amps man...the epicenter has 8v preouts, but thats only if it accepts an 8v signal. In other words, it isn't a line driver, just a bass boost and bass restorer (kinda like an eq booster over the lower end of the bass)...It doesn't amplify the signal strength in terms of voltage to the amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us