Looking to build a system

Username: Muncheez

Post Number: 1
I know next to nothing about car systems in general...I have a friend that will hook it up for me, but i need to know what to buy..i listen to rap/classic rock i have about 400$ (can save more, i want a thumping system) i was thinking 2 12" subs as for what brand or what else to go with them i have no idea...any help at all is much appreciated!

Post Number: 3
Has there been any posts for dummies? like the little bit of reading i have done...audiobahn is BAD+expensive...reminds me of klipsch...anyway...can someone point me ina direction? or just blindly read posts? :D aching to get something ordered..

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5132
well, $400 isn't going to go far honestly.
entry level system, I'd say..
-Clarion or Pioneer for a head unit. ($200-300)
-decent front speakers (6.5", separates if you can) from CDT. (Classics are great) ($250? check thezeb.com)
-forget rear fill for now. not needed, and saves money.
-class D mono amp, JBL bp600.1 ($160 I think on cardomain.com refurbed?)
-2 12" subs. Adire Shivas, $120ea www.adireaudio.com or cheaper, two Kicker CVR12 subs for about $99 ea. (Shivas are much nicer)
-premade box, $45, bigdogcaraudio.com
-amp wiring kit $30 knukonceptz.com

that'd be a pretty solid, long lasting system, but it'll certainly go over your budget.
it'd hit hard though :-)

Post Number: 4
blah...kickers? punch? jl? go to noobsrus.com and order a big package with amp subs tweets mids already picked for me? ><

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5142
there ya go.
bestbuy.com
fast and furious bass combo package.
it's all you, baby!

Post Number: 5
what exactly is rear fill? and...maybe a system one step down from that? i think i will save for that but..if i get antsy...i love you glass!

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5143
look at lower model front speakers or coaxials from infinity or CDT.
go with a smaller amp like the JBL 300.1 and two kicker comp 12" subs

rear fill is your rear speakers.. here's my views on rear fill. wrote this article a while back:
http://www.wickedcases.com/caraudio/rearfill.html

Post Number: 6
your the bomb.

Silver Member
Username: Erik123456

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 181
glass or anyone what about these?

http://thezeb.com/p-CDT-Audio-CL-61A-6-1-2-inch-Component-System-101083.htm

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5156
the CL61a set are very good for the price.
that'd do.

Username: Opie_har

Post Number: 1
Get on eBay and search for the seller caraudiodeals_com. I bought an audiobahn aw1208t sub and an audiobahn aw2200hct amp, and it really kicks. The sub and the amp were about $550. If you can save a couple of dollars up to get that, it sounds really good.

Post Number: 7
the link erik posted...those speakers cost 150~ would they even start to compare with the 1k$ setup glass mentioned?
i wouldnt think so but i figured i would ask anyway.
the 2 12" adire shivas...can someone give me some input on what kind of thump/boom im going to get here? i mean 1000 bucks is a bit of money to spend on one guys word...although he has no reason to lie. anyone with adire shiva 12"'s and a jbl 600.1 amp that can vouch for them? :D thanks

Post Number: 8
oh yeah one more thing what exactly is CDT?

"Clarion or Pioneer for a head unit. ($200-300)
-decent front speakers (6.5", separates if you can) from CDT. (Classics are great) ($250? check thezeb.com"
can ya get more specific on the head unit? and as for the front speakers i looked on thezeb.com, do i need full range or just midrange and buy tweeters? was thinking of a flip face head unit so it didnt get stolen =(

Post Number: 9
like woah spam
http://www.clarion.com/usa/product/index.php?mod=details&category=source&product =DXZ545MP

http://www.clarion.com/usa/product/index.php?mod=details&category=source&product =DB345MP

called the local "bass station" they said htey could fix me up with 2 12" qpowers or something is what he recommended...said he hasnt heard of adire shiva...he competes in competitions ect has 3 or 4 rigs...2 12's...20x10"s ect ect...said he doesnt sell jbl the he had jvc clarion and pioneer../shrug 600 bucks he would fix me up 2 12"s 300 rms 1000 max (qpower) 500 watt amp...3 1/2 inch in the dash of my car...just dont know whether to trust him or not..he said 40 bucks +wires for subs/amp to install and 20 bucks +wires for head unit/small spekaers to install...sound like a good or bad deal? only reason i checked into that so id idnt have to deal with shipping charges and having to borrow someones credit card ...im all shook up, uh-huh jabbering on like a school girl

Post Number: 4
If he is gonna give you two twelve inch subwoofers that are 300 watts rms each for 600 bucks, something sounds wrong. I spent $700, and I got an audiobahn acap7p capacitor, a 2.5 cubic foot slot ported box, an audiobahn aw2200hct 1600 watt rms amp, and an audiobahn aw1208t 1500 watt rms- 3000 watt max sub off of eBay. I'll tell you what, that sub and amp absolutely pounds. I can only listen to it turned up about half way for about one minute at a time. My ears feel like they are gonna bleed. People on here say that audiobahn is garbage. Perhaps the bottom line of audiobahn subs like the ones with the 40 ounce magnets that only cost fouty bucks might suck, I don't know. But the aw1208t that I have cost about $170 on eBay and around $250 or more on most websites, and the magnet itself weighs seventeen and a half pounds, not fourty or sixty ounces like the cheaper models do that don't sound as good. That sub really pounds. And neither the interior lights nor the headlights dim when it is cranked. I checked really good. A capacitor really works. I have a 2001 Saturn with a stock battery and a stock alternator, and nothing in that car dims, even though everyone says how inefficient the audiobahn 2 channel high current amps are. Just do your homework before you spend any of your hard earned money. I am just trying to spread the facts.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2504
"like the little bit of reading i have done...audiobahn is BAD+expensive...reminds me of klipsch...anyway..."

More like Bose :-)

Post Number: 10
k..so you say you got it off of ebay...did you do an auction on it or do you just 'buy' it for a certain price? i think i am still leaning toward glasswolf's system..and what kind of money am i looking at to ship this? i mean..good speakers=heavy..what do you pay to ship 2 12"s?
does anyone have a problem with glass's idea?

Post Number: 6
All that stuff I got from eBay, I used buy it now, and spent about $700, including shipping. That was for the amp, box, sub, and cap. I bought the amp and the sub from the same seller at the same time so he went down a little bit on shipping, it was around $550 with shipping for the amp and the sub. For the money, it sounds really good.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
glasswolf with this jbl bp600.1 and 2 12" adire shivas..will i need another alternator? i have a badass battery like 850 cold cranking amps..and just a little 4 cylinder in my car..but...the alternator is just factory and i heard of people having to buy new alternators for their systems

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5248
with the alternator, no way to really know till the system is in.
it'll depend on how hard you drive the system, how much power it uses, what the reserve of the alternator is, etc..
wait and see. if lights dim and such, don't turn it up so loud till you can upgrade the charging system. With the 600.1 though you're looking at around 50A peak so it shouldn't be an issue.

as for shipping it shouldn't be that bad.
shivas aren't *that* heavy so figure around $30 maybe?

My RE subs are 60lbs each and run $369. They were $420 each shipped. Mine weigh a LOT more than the Shivas will.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us