Which sub for me

Bronze Member
Username: Hifonics

Post Number: 52
ok i have the hifonicz 1500d and i was wondering which subs no matter how much it counts besidez the re xx.x,i could get. I would get the xx.x but im trying to outbeat my brother which a x.x.x in a 3.5 cu ft. ported box. OH yea and the box vloume 4 me is 4 cu ft. repli plz

Silver Member
Username: Boopers

Lima, Ohio United states

Post Number: 208
good luck getting a better speaker than re 3X. You could outdo him spl wise with the same speaker. What kind of car does he have, what size sub, what size amp? What car do you have?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 53
both of us have impalaz i have the 04' he has the 01'. he has a 3000watt ultralinear capable of 1200 watt rms. he has the 12" version. He has 100watt rms going to the sub n a 3.5 so its not at its poteial i think. BUt what about 2 matix's or eclipse titanium or 2 dd 3500's which i have now but never installed them

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis~

Post Number: 181
the dd's will be louder than one x x x with 1500watts

Silver Member

Lima, Ohio United states

Post Number: 209
if you went with a 15" 3X you'd outdo him. As for the eclipse ti's I don't believe they are as loud as the 3X. The DD's I don't know about at all, so maybe someone else with experience would be able to let you know about those. You could go with 2 12" brahmas but the only problem with those is there is a long wait for them. My experience is rather limited because I am fairly new to the car stereo hobby.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 54
so u sure zac becuz i have them now and ill b havin them .4 cu ft 2 small each sub

Silver Member

Lima, Ohio United states

Post Number: 211
you can make up the cu ft difference with polyfill easily if it's only .4. if you already have those subs, use them. If they don't outdo his 3x then you can always upgrade. Use what you have.

Bronze Member
Username: Slap_johnson

Arizona

Post Number: 83
the dd 9512 or 9912 will be louder, u could go 15" brahma

Bronze Member
Username: Matt77

OK US

Post Number: 28
do u know what ur bros DB rating is

Bronze Member
Username: Slap_johnson

Arizona

Post Number: 84
or what you could do is get the exact same sub and enclosure and dynamat your car and you should beat him, or u could tune ur box a bit higher, OR if ur nuts and sq isnt involved u could go mt

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
i would go 15" brahma ubut they have a long waitin list i dont know mah bros db rating i dont think it is that high do to the fact that he made his box in like 30 minutes. But i say its pretty high becuz when he parks inside the gate in our houz u will feel the bars shakin. BUt thanx for the repliz but ne estimation of what i would hit wit the 3 dd subs
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us