Infinity Kappas for Fronts and Rears good Choice?

Username: Ids

Post Number: 7
Ok here it goes gotta ALpien 9831 head unit
PLan on buying Infinity Kappa 60.5CS components for the FRONT and kappa 692.5I for the rears they are 6.5 for front and 6*9 for back. I decided to do this first beacuse i read these 6*9 will provide decent bass as im not a bass crazy guy and will hold off for subs for a while. anyway si wanna know if this setup will sound decnet above avg. i plan on powerit with a 75*4 4 ohm RMS amp most likey a PG 600.4 or Kickker 600.4 or some amp around those rating for sure is this a good or bad choise please adise thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2382
A 6x9 will not take the place of a subwoofer and shouldn't be treated as such. It will also degrade your sound quality as rear speakers tend to interfere with the phasing of the fronts, potentially screwing up your soundstage. My personal advice is to get better components up front, such as the Kappa Perfects and a good 2 channel amp to power it, and spend the money you saved on a subwoofer. You could also get a 4 channel amplifier that you can bridge the rear channel for a subwoofer, and run a sub on that. It'll sound better and won't cost more. I'd recommend an amp that does 100x4 at 4 ohms, then you can get a set of components such as the Perfects up front, and a subwoofer that is a SVC 4 ohm sub and requires around 400W RMS, such as the Infinity Kappa Perfect or Adire Audio Shiva, and bridge the rear channel for a sub.

Post Number: 8
OK. but the perfect 6.1 that does fit is realllllllllly expensive the kapp 60.5CS can be had for about 150US is their another brand of componets tthat woudl be better im looking to not spend more 120Us or so? also so dont get 6*9 at all and buy compoents and save for a shiva i was planing on getting a shiva later anyways.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 2398
They're not bad online, I think you're looking at the retail price. You can find Kappa Perfects for around $200 or a little more in most online places, they're all over the place. You can easily get a set with the money you planned to spend on those 6x9s. Yeah, I'd forget the 6x9s and get a sub, it'll show a lot more benefit.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 2399
http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?icatid=5767&stk_code=infperfect61&svbname=30 9

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 2400
"OK. but the perfect 6.1 that does fit is realllllllllly expensive the kapp 60.5CS can be had for about 150US is their another brand of componets tthat woudl be better im looking to not spend more 120Us or so?"
By the way, when you say you're looking to spend no more than 120US, did you mean to type $1200 US?

Post Number: 9
Ok if i dont plan on getting any 6*9 then i can get the 6.1's. What amp would i get so i can push em? im thinking you dont need an amazing amp just something that does 75*2 RMS to them. Ok but will they sound good if i dont put in new 6*9 becasue to save for a sub will take a while cuz its about 120US for the SHIVA and another 200US or so for the amp to power it correct? the 6.1 on ebay are about 200US + shipping. Are these infinty really gonna be worth the money ?

Post Number: 10
also was looking at JL AUDIO XR650 CXi component set are they as good as the perfects if they are just a bit lower id settle cuz they cheaper and i know JL is a known good speaker and sub company.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 2416
The XR components are excellent as well. And yes, I feel the Infinities are definately worth the money, $250 us isn't a bad price for them at all saying the speakers they're on the same level as. In US currency, how much do you have to spend on the total system? I'm wondering because you could either get a 4 channel amp that will power both the speakers and the subwoofer, or hold off and just get a 2 channel for the components for right now and get sub and amp later. The components will sound very good even without 6x9s(better from a SQ and imaging standpoint). Personally, I think the best option and cheapest way out is to get a quality 4 channel amp, that way you can save space, wiring, and get better SQ than a Class D mono amp would offer you. MTX makes excellent amplifiers for the money, a Thunder684 would power everything very well. Cardomain has factory renewed models for $279. You could also look on ebay and other sites for one. Tell me your budget and I can try to make the best recommendation for your situation.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
ok if i decide with either one is the ALPINE MRV-T320 V12 400W its a 80W * 2 4ohms i belive this will be a NICE AMP to power either or of the components shooting out 80Watts rms is plenty i haear ppl dont even use the full 90watts or so cuz even 50W*2 amps make em go loud.

Bronze Member
Username: Tafkam

Texas

Post Number: 93
6.25 Kappa Perfects, I paid 193 and change plus 19.99 ship and think I got the best deal I could have. On eBay the seller is maxitronics here is a link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32819%26item%3D5727013405 %26%26

They were new as advertised and sound GREAT.

Just an FYI if you want the Kappa Perfects I shopped around and this is the best price (with ship) that I found.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
I'm pretty sure you mean Infinity Perfect 6.1 CS. i just won an auction on saturday for 193.50 + 29 insurance included. For USPS GLOBAL EXPRESS to canada so we paid about the same so thats great. Now to get these installed once they come and hooked up to my Alpine MRV-t320 and give em some power.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us