If you know a lot about head units, please read

Hey there,

I'm trying to decide whether to get:

1) a Pioneer Premier DEH-P940

2) a Clarion DXZ935

3) an Alpine CDA 7998 or 9815

4) a Kenwood eXcelon

Any thoughts?

I've had a Premier 940 before and I loved the sound, but the guys at the store are pushing me to look at the Alpine or Clarion - they say better sound...

I'll be running it with a Kicker amp 550.3, a JL sub, and a component set (I'm thinking about picking some nice Focals from the Polyglass line).

Jeremy

alpine, just bought one, the sound quality is amazing paid 250 for mine sounds better than my mates £1000 sony!!!

David A
The alpine is very nice.. it is a good choice. I also have a premier and enjoy it, but the alpines have a larger preamp output voltage. If you're pushing a sub, that will give you a stronger signal, which will be especially more noticable if you are running a very long patch cord.. especially to places like the trunk of an suv

David A
also if you are thinking about keeping your premier, you could add a line driver to boost the output voltage of your unit, which would do the same thing.. that would give you better spl and clarity too

Anonymous
the hell with all of those. alpines nice, but eclipse 8443 has an 8v preamp output voltage, even more than alpine and sounds a hell of a lot better. the 8443 is $400. thats the HU to go for

Big Bubba
Unregistered guest
Opinions are like as*h*les everyone has one, but they all stink. Never mind what anyone else thinks. Go and listen to all of them, and bring the same CD with you when you listen to each. Play that CD in each of the head units. Which one sounds best to you? That's the one to get. Everyones ears are different, and not everyone listens to the same music. What sounds good to you, may not sound good to me. What sounds good to me, may not sound good to Cheezy112, David A, or you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us