How do you wire DVC coils into parallel or series?

Bronze Member
Username: Djzavala

Whittier, Ca USA

Post Number: 43
I have the Kicker Solobarics, but I didnt know that you must absolutely wire them either series or parallel. By the way, which one is better, parallel or series? I know someone had posted a link that showed you how but i cant find it, help please

Bronze Member

Whittier, Ca USA

Post Number: 46
bump

Bronze Member
Username: Seawolfe

Bismarck, ND USA

Post Number: 53
if you wire the coils in series you will double the impedence (ie .. 4 ohm each coil : 4*2 = 8 ohm sub)

if you wire the coils in parallel you will halve the impedence 4/2 = 2 ohm sub

so if you wire the coils in parallel and then wire the subs in series you would have a 4 ohm load.

if you wire the coils in parallel and then wire the subs in parallel you would have a 1 ohm load.

if you wire the coils in series and then wire the in subs parallel you get a 4 ohm load

and if you wire the coils in series and then wire the subs in series you would get a 16 ohm load

I don't know that you can say any particular one is better. Which ever one gives you the load you need for your amp.

Bronze Member

Whittier, Ca USA

Post Number: 47
what would you recommend for me. I have a fosgate power 851s amp, (it can be a 2 or 4 ohm load). the speakers are 4 ohms load. AND how do i set em up like that, anyone know a diagram thing, or picture or let me visualize it?

Bronze Member
Username: Comet345

Orlando, FL USA

Post Number: 81
check the reply i made on your other post ...

Bronze Member
Username: Deathshadow

Post Number: 87
If you have 4 ohm DVC speakers and an amp that is only stable down to 2 ohms your going to need to run a 4 ohm load. Here is schematic I drew a while back, dif speakers but same wiring.

http://24.161.59.120/pubdl/wire3.jpg

Username: Igotpenguinz

Mi

Post Number: 10
I have the same subs! lol same problem. everywhich way you do changes the subs. anyways it all depends on what your amp is stable at mines stable at one ohm so i'm parallel parallel (i think)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us