All Wise, please help

Username: Purelife

Post Number: 1
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum, but have been reading alot of posts. And you guys seem to know what your talking about, and have good sugestions, so I'm comin to you for help. My next system I want to be nice. All I know is that I'd like to have 3 12's but I dont know what brand is good, and I dont know what amps are good or how many I need. Or really anything, so I you guys could help me, it'd be greatly appreciated. thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Johnnylemoine

LaPlace, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 205
Personaly, I like JL audio subs and Rockford Fosgate amps. I havent listened any JL amps, but I have heard people say they are good. Other subs are Adire Audio, RE, Alpine, Eclipse, Rockford, Kicker, JBL, Cerwin Vega, and others I cant think of right now.
It really depends on your budget.

Silver Member

Post Number: 206
O yeah, I dont consider myself "wise" but I know enough to get this thread started.

Silver Member

Post Number: 207
edit(I think I know enough...)

Post Number: 2
Well my budget...hummm, lets go with a high end one, and then one that is not more than like 2,000 on the speakers amps capicators, whatever (excluding the box)

Silver Member

Post Number: 209
Im not that experiecned with the stuff you can get with that kind of money, maybe some other people can help you with that. Are you looking for SQ(sound quality) or SPL(sound pressure level)

Post Number: 3
I dont know..I just want something hit hard, and sounds good. What money are you experiencd in?

Silver Member

Post Number: 210
Well, I bought an old JL 12W3D4 from my friend with a box for $100. When I had enough to buy a head unit and amp I went to Mobile One and got raped(too expensive). But after learning from that and learning from other experience with car audio I got to the point where I know what I want and how its gonna sound.
Lets see, my friends have better stuuf than I do because they have 15's. One has a Punch HX2 15 in a box he built to specs with a punch 401s amp, it hits HARD.
My other friend has a kicker L7 15 in a box that we all built, it is 8.5cu.ft. slot port and he has a Rockford Power 501bd, and this thing slams extremely hard.
I've also helped other people install stuff and things like that.
Now, I built my own box for my JL and it slams way harder than it did in a Q-Logic sealed box I used to have. Still the same amp Punch 150s, but I am getting a new amp, P3001. close to the same thing but mono block.

Silver Member

Post Number: 211
right now I cant afford what I really want.

Post Number: 4
which is?

Silver Member

Post Number: 213
Probably two or three 12's.
Kicker L5 or L7
or
JL W7
or
RE(never heard them but they get good reviews)
or
Brahma extreme
or
maybe some last year model RF power HX2
as for amp
RFpower 1001bd,1501bd
kicker 1200.1
JBL what ever one is big enough.
O yeah, the kicker solo X is suposed to be bad @$$, but Im sure other people would say there is better stuff which there prolly is.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us