One final question....

Bronze Member
Username: Napalmz

MIDWEST

Post Number: 23
ok first off thanx to all in the forum for the support...now...im ready to install my system..my box is tuned to 38hz my idmax wants 28hz and my amps filter wants whatever i give it..what is the correct setting for the sub filter to keep my subs from being destroyed,if that can even happen..im confused on this whole freq thing..i understand what the freq is i just dont understand what 10hz over the t/s rating for the sub will end up doing to my sub...i mean this sub can hit 10hz which we couldnt hear anyways but by the box being set to 38hz does that actually mean if i play a song that goes lower than 38hz it will effect my sub?? im just lost but HEY thats what you guys are here for ;)

Bronze Member

MIDWEST

Post Number: 26
dam i feel like a pest...lol

Silver Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 893
First of all buying a nice sq subwoofer like that im sure youd want to use it for that purpose making a new box would be needed to do this. Build your box to subic feet recommended and port it to 28 hz. As far as where to set your crossover set it to 80 hz and set your subsonic frequemcy as close to the tuning of your port if you have this feature. To address the question about playing a subwoofer below its port tune this is not good and creates a high risk for subwoofer damage (another reason to redo your subwoofer box and tune).

Silver Member

Post Number: 894
typo i meant cubic feet above

Bronze Member

MIDWEST

Post Number: 27
hmmmm.....

Bronze Member

MIDWEST

Post Number: 31
but if the subsonic filter is set to say around 36hz how will the speaker be damaged..doesnt that mean it will filter anything below the 36hz, therefore keepin my speaker on the same freq as the box is tuned?? ; ()

Silver Member

Post Number: 933
you said your port tune was 38 hz so if you set it to 36 hz subsonic then your still not covering the sub; granted its only two frequencies but still. Plus you bought a subwoofer like this for sound quality id think youd be much more pleased tuning it to the desired 28 hz port tune.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us