Four 15's or Six 10's

Bronze Member
Username: Mfgirbaud05

Post Number: 62
do you think i should get four Rockford Fosgate RFD2215 or six Rockford Fosgate RFD2210. The four 15's will be 2400 Watts RMS and the six 10's will be 3000 Watts RMS. They are both going to cost around the same price. I will be running whatever i get to two Hifonics bx1500d amps.

Silver Member
Username: Johnnylemoine

LaPlace, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 188
4 15's man, thats what I would do. and its less watts so a cheaper amp possibly.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 63
but im getting the same two amp no matter what, two Hifonics bx1500d which will push the 10's perfect which are 500 watts RMS each and will push 750 Watts RMS to each 15" sub which are only 600 watts rms.

Silver Member
Username: Johnnylemoine

LaPlace, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 189
O
I still say get the 15's, if you are carefull with the gain on the amp, you should be alright. I think someone said its better to get an amp that has more power than the sub requires(not too much) than to under power them. I know, your not exactly under powering the 10's, but thats what I would do. Maybe Jonathan or Glasswolf or Fishy can shed some light on the situation.

Silver Member
Username: Chevy_for_life

Post Number: 130
ur Hiphonix amp prolly will run 1500 MAX..and you dont wanna have your gain up all the way cuz its not very good on your amp...so i think i'd just go with the 4 15's or get like 2 15's and maybe 4 10's or somethin like that.. this is just my opinion though...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 64
yea im just gonna get the four 15's then. but i need help with a box now. does anyone know how much it will cost to get one custom made box for four 15's ? i dont really want two seperate 15 boxes because people will probably be able to steal my subs. but if i get one big box they wont be able to lift it. i wanna get a custom ported box made just for the 15's. does anyone on here make boxes ?

Silver Member

Post Number: 132
it will be ALOT cheeper if you make the boxes yourself.. which to get 4 15's thats gonna be one hell of a box...

Bronze Member
Username: Napalmz

MIDWEST

Post Number: 28
hmmm...worried about sum1 stealing it? i think they have these little sensor things that can help save your investments...alarm is what i think they call it ;)just because you have an "unliftable" box doesnt mean they can't steal your whole car....

Username: Atreyurock

Post Number: 7
i could draw you up some plans on the box just send me an email and ill see what i can do. nobletatom@gmail.com

Silver Member

Post Number: 139
hey tom u think u could draw up a box plan for me?

Bid D
Unregistered guest
Whats the deal with 6 subs??? Are you looking to blow your head and your doors off?

Post Number: 9
what kind of box are you looking for?

Silver Member

Post Number: 141
maybe a sealed or ported...which do you think is better?

Silver Member

Post Number: 142
I need a box for 5 Xtant A1244A 12 inch subs...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
i prefer sealed boxes myself. what kind of trunk space do you have?

Silver Member

Post Number: 146
back of a chevy beretta

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
yea id go with sealed then. do u want all the subs in one box or are you looking for seperate boxs?

Silver Member

Post Number: 150
i'd like in one box.. i think it would be easier to build that way wouldnt it.. either that or maybe..2 in one box and 3 in the other.. but that'd be kinda weird.. Yea all in one box would be GREAT! Thx

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
sent me an email and ill email you the box plan, i didnt know the measurements of your trunk so if it doesnt fit, send me and email and ill fix it for you. nobletatom@gmail.com

Bronze Member

Post Number: 65
hmmm...worried about sum1 stealing it? i think they have these little sensor things that can help save your investments...alarm is what i think they call it ;)just because you have an "unliftable" box doesnt mean they can't steal your whole car....

B*tch wtf is an alarm gonna do. U really think the people stealin my sh1t r gonna b scared of an alarm? if the alarm goes off n i run out there they just gonna start shootin at me...or at whoever is being nosey...it happens all the time. It happened to my boy when someone was stealin his two 15' solo barics...he ran out there n they started shootin at him...maybe where ur from the people get scared of an alarm...but an alarm aint gonna do me no good thats why i want one big box so no one can steal it. im gonna disconnect the battery everynight so they cant steal it and ima get a column lock thing too. im putting my subs in the back of a Ford Aerostar Station Wagon body with all the back seats out so i can fit whatever i want back there.so what kind of box should i get made then ? ported, sealed? im looking for w.e. makes more bass i dont really care about sound quality...i want people to hear me from a couple blocks away.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us