12W3v2 or Rockfors HX2

Bronze Member
Username: Thumprms

DaltonUSA

Post Number: 30
which one would have the most spl and be the loudest? W3v2 handles 300 rms and the Hx2 handles 500 rms.

seeyeah
Unregistered guest
w3 by far... rockford sucks, and rms doesn't really matter!!!

Silver Member
Username: Decde

Canada

Post Number: 148
lol
rms doesn't really matter lol
FREAKIN MUNCHKIN
RF doesn't suck, the punch series weren't that good, but the Hx2 are good subs... Now keep in mind that u should listen to them before buying, u might prefer the W3 than the rf, or the contrary.

Bronze Member
Username: Thumprms

DaltonUSA

Post Number: 31
which do you prefer?

Silver Member
Username: Decde

Canada

Post Number: 149
Well u see, the Hx2 and the W3 are both very good subs. I'm telling you, go down to your local sound system shop, bring one of your cd's, and listen to them with the sub. Always compare the same songs, don't change anything(volume,more bass...) U will be able to build your opinion on what u wan't, this sub is more spl, this one more sq... In my opinion, i like the rockford sub. Rockford Fosgate have ben here for years, they make good quality, not so pricy stuff. I have 4 rf 6X9 in my car, the sound that comes out off them is simply amazing, crystal clear, even from my sh!tty factory radio. But u have to check one thing also, if u get the rf, u will have to buy and amp that can give 500 rms, which means alot more pricier than the one that can give 300 rms...
Hope i helped out :-)

Silver Member
Username: Johnnylemoine

LaPlace, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 180
rms is the most important aspect of power handling. and RF is good, they might hit harder than the W3's but the W3's might have better SQ. I dont know which HX2's you're talking about(power or punch), I like the W3's. My friend has a punch 15 HX2 and it slams. But given the right box both of the subs are going to sound good.

Bronze Member
Username: Alpha_male

Post Number: 20
HE2's are punch. HX2's are power.

Anonymous

I coulda swore they got PUNCH HX2s,and Power HX2s..which are rare

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 669
Defanetly the JL, if i had a chance to get a JL i would. Very good SQ. Rockford is my brand though. And they do hit. But JL is a well known name.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2381
"lol
rms doesn't really matter lol
FREAKIN MUNCHKIN"

A sub with higher RMS doesn't necessarily mean that sub will be louder than one with less power, that boils down to speaker efficiency. Double the power is a 3 db increase, and if the other sub is efficient enough to get that 3db with less power, then both will be about the same SPL wise. Ask Glasswolf, he's hit 151 db with two 12s and less than 400 watts RMS.

"Rockford Fosgate have ben here for years, they make good quality, not so pricy stuff."
JL has made stuff since the 70s, most people just don't know that. They just didn't get heavily into it until the 90s.

The subs are totally different, the HX2s are a little more SPL inclined, JLs will give you better SQ in my opinion. Choose based on your goals with the system and your subjective opinion.

Silver Member
Username: Johnnylemoine

LaPlace, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 184
they do have punch and power HX2's, my friend has a punch HX2 15, as a matter of fact Im looking at the punch and power HX2's in a Crutchfield mag right now.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us