Can't figure out what it is I need in a box

Bronze Member
Username: Seawolfe

Bismarck, ND USA

Post Number: 43
Okay .. I don't have a lot of room in my truck to put a subbox. I have a supercab (2004 Ford F-150) with enough room under the back seat to put a .5 ft^3 sealed box or create a custom center console for the back that will have .66 ft^3 (sealed). I thought I could do an isobaric arrangement inside the custom console but winISD says I would get a box tuned to close to 55hz. I don't know if this is an issue for me as I've never had a big restriction on room so was able to build my box recommended.

Jonathan and Fishy have made comments before on some of my questions about this but I just can't seem to find numbers to satisfy me (am I being too picky?).

What would be my best arrangement for 2 - 8" kickers? They are old C8 Comps (4 ohms). I will be running them off of a JBL P180.2 (thanks for the suggestion Jonathan). I listen to rock and alternative rock, and some good head banging rock (what's the lowest I really need to tune a box for these selections). I'm looking more for SQ than SPL.

As mentioned I have been using winISD to try and get a clue as to the box I want to create .. but I guess I don't understand enough about the topic. If anyone can tell me what phase plot and group delay represent in terms of music and/or the audio equipment I'd appreciate it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us