GLASSWOLF HELP HELP HELP

Anonymous

Hi i am using a fusion amp indoors without a head unit i am powering it with a 3 to 15 volts regulated 40 amp continuous tranformer and a fusion fp bass remote (volume) and i was just woundering if not having a head unit will effect how loud it goes.

Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 746
the only thing that affects the volume is the source, and line voltage being set with gains.
the amp puts out the same power regardless.

Anonymous

Well i am using the line out of my home stereo so to test it i got a really old sony amp for free with no X-over so i hooked a pair of 6x9s up to it and they were cranked up to their max and i had no volume but on my new fusion amp it has a X-over and an output for a bass remote so i bought a bass remote and i just want to now if the volume and the sound quality would be the same without a head unit. If not can you recomend any cheap headunits with AUX in and SUB out.

Thanks

Anonymous

ohh i forgot the line out on my home stereo doesnt control the volume on my car amp.

Post Number: 780
for subs, you should be using an LFE output, not a line out or aux out.

Anonymous

whats that

Post Number: 787
LFE. low frequency effects.
the sub output on a 5.1 receiver.
it has a crossover point at around 80Hz to 120Hz usually, and attenuation is controlled by main volume.

Anonymous

i tried it on my friends sub out and its got no treble any more

Anonymous

Thanks GlassWolf you have been a big help.

Post Number: 807
subs shouldn't have any treble :-)
hehe
that's what a crossover or low pass filter is for.
if the sub hasn't got it's own, you need to use the receiver's LFE output, which acts as a low pass filter natively.

glad to help

Anonymous

Its not really treble but i can hear the bass of peoples voice through the sub ill live with it but its not like that in the car.
but when i ran it of the LFE output its just pure bass.

Thanks again.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us