How are power akoustik amps?

Username: Danania1

Post Number: 5
How are power akoustik amps? Are they any good? I can get a A3000DB for $300 and was wondering if its any good. How about Rockwood amps? Is there any good websites that you guys use to order amps off of? Thanks for the help.

Juggalo Jeff
Unregistered guest
i got the lt1440 is pretty decent i think from power akoustik at least good enough for my two tens alpine type r

Bronze Member
Username: Chevy_for_life

Post Number: 54
u can order amps and junk off of www.Woofersetc.com.. ive her that Rockford amps are pretty good

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2195
He said Rockwood, not Rockford Fosgate. Cheap flea market brand, Power acoustik isn't really much better.

Bronze Member
Username: Skema

Manch, NH US

Post Number: 52
One channel on mine completely doesnt work. Good thing i only have one sub to run off it.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4636
I concur with Jon on this one.
power acoustik isn't that good.
Rockwood is total crap.
"Rockwood" got their name by trying to sound like Rockford Fosgate and Kenwood. They've been around for years, mostly at cheap junk type flea markets or those sales you see come to local auditoriums and such for a weekend selling car stereos for $19.99
Their amps are always rated at peak output (a number they seem to pull out of some random orifice) and are always very overinflated.
a "2400 watt" Rockwood amp will in reality produce about 100 watts x 2 of power, and most of that is usually distortion.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us