Are infinity reference 5000cs components good?

Silver Member
Username: Boopers

Lima, Ohio United states

Post Number: 174
I'm looking into getting these to replace my stock door components. Would the make a noticeable difference in the sq of my car? I'm also looking into an amp to power them, but that may not get done right away. Either way, just wondered if it would be a major improvement or no.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4743
the Reference speakers are ok but nothing great.
they're a good replacemtn for factory speakers but if ya plan to amp them go with kappas or perfects for sure.
big big difference in performance.

Silver Member
Username: Boopers

Lima, Ohio United states

Post Number: 176
basically I'm getting them for next to nothing. went to a car audio place, Custom Audio Concepts, and they were quoting me some prices. These are not from there, they quoted me 379.99 for jl xr series 5.25" components. I don't think I'll be getting those. They were pushing Oz Audio's real hard. I asked about anything good in the 200 range he said that there wasn't anything "good" in that range for components. So I basically hit up ebay and saw the 5000cs for 99 cents and thought, hey, got to be better than my factory.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2351
You can get Kappas or Kappa Perfects for $200 online easily. CDT Classics can be had for that as well.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us