Need advice for short bed tacoma

Username: L25

Post Number: 3
I am getting a 1999 toyota short bed pickup. I have a pio P860MP HU still in the box. Considering a powered MTX ThunderForms sub for behind the driver seat http://www.crutchfield.com/S-plh7YblU6UQ/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=77100&I=236TTP1A TT. Any suggestions for speakers and an amp.

Bronze Member
Username: Chevy_for_life

Post Number: 60
Toyota's are kinda small to put alot of subs and stuff in...

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2260
Depends totally on the speaker location size and the $$$ you're willing to fork out. Tell us that and we can help you more. Thunderforms work well, I'm personally not a huge fan of their subs, but if you like them that's what matters. Not to mention you're really paying for the box, not the quality of the sub used as it's their lower end model.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2261
Also, if you get the thunderform, consider using a little polyfill and possibly sound deadening as those enclosures tend to resonate more than MDF.

Post Number: 4
Exactly. I have a dinking little cab that I want to get some good sound in. Sub, amp and upper end compentent speakers and maybe some door dampening panels, maybe spend around $1500. not including HU? Does that sound reasonable?

L

Post Number: 5
I am thinking of getting 6-1/2" infinity kappas component , use the unpowered thunderform. Any suggestions for an amp to use with this?

Is there a better choice of speakers that would fit/replace the stock speakers. I know this sounds rediculous putting this in such a tiny cab...

Bronze Member
Username: Chevy_for_life

Post Number: 72
actually u'll find that alot of people put systems in small places
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us