Front stage help

Anonymous

ok i really want to improve my frontstage i was wondering if this would sound good? cdt hds in kick panels crossed over at 200 then a jl audio 6w0 in the door crossed over at 60 up to 200 or would the soundstage be to low?
any suggestions for an awsome frontstage?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2084
That would work good. Kick panels work very well in cars and hatchbacks, but in tall SUVs and Trucks, the soundstage can have a tendency to sound low. In a normal car though, kicks are great, and you'll be best off using the components in kicks and W0s in doors like you plan to. Better option (IMO) would be to get a dedicated 3 way component set such as an HD 3 way set. The drivers are matched and can be driven by the same amplifier.

Anonymous

My problem John though is that i am a moron and using a 15 brahma and the 60hz and up range sucks so i need some type of driver that will sound good at 60hz and the hd's in my door now just dont seem to do all that great at 60hz thats why i was leaning towards the 6w0 but if you have any other suggestions please feel free to voice them.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 2125
ok I see your situation now. If you can fit an 8" it would give better performance at 60 hz, really they'd go to 40 accurately, if you're stuck with a 6" the W0 will balance well.

Anonymous

not stuck with the w0 just thought it would be the easiest to implement with my current system. Do you know of any drivers that i could run IB in my doors and get good results out of in the 60hz range?

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 2130
What size drivers? 6 or 8? Also, what's your price range?

Anonymous

6.5 would be ideal although i could do some modification to fit an 8 as long as it was a shallow 8. As far as price range under 500.

Anonymous

bump please help

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 2270
Personally, I'd do something like the Adire Koda 8s, but they're a 4" depth, if you can't fit those, the Koda 6.5" mids have great midbass as well. I don't think a 4" deep 8 would be terrible in most cars, but if you have a smaller car like a Honda you can forget the idea unless you're willing to fiberglass a spacer to move the driver out and angle it a tad. IMHO about the 6" in addition to other components, if you're forking out the cash for the 6" midbasses, you may as well just get a 6.5" component set w/ good midbass and be done with it. Are your HDs 6.5", or 5.25" or what? BTW, with that 8" in the door, you could crossover the kick panel components even higher, which can be a good thing. The Koda 8 can go up to 600hz w/o a problem, I'd cross somewhere like 300 hz, maybe a tad higher.

Anonymous

My CDTs are 6.5 and do have great midbass but just dont transition well with the brahma even if i cross them over at 60hz.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 2290
Three options, a strong 8" to fill the gap such as the Koda, cut the sub level down, or consider another sub with better midbass transition. Your choice, if you're tight on cash, cut the sub level, you can always turn it back up when you want more SPL. If you're a bit more flexible, another (smaller) sub may be a better option. If your sub is in a ported box, you could consider going sealed to cut down on the SPL and boomyness a tad.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us