Im On A Cheap Sub Hunt

Silver Member
Username: Bdb_86

Bemidji, MN Usa

Post Number: 193
im looking for a REALLY REALLY cheap / cheapo sub either a 10" or a 12" i just need somthing to use for now i have a decent amp 150w x2 rms bridgable to 300w rms @ 2 ohms and it has upgraded componenets in it i have pushed speakers that craved about 400 watts more then it could put out just fine the cheapest sub i could find was $49.00 including S/H if any one can beat that, that would be sweet thanks

IamChris
Unregistered guest
dont go with cheap subs, you will be very dissapointed. unless u are just looking for something that will be enough to give u a little bit of bass, you wont really feel it or be able to push it hard at all..but best buy and circuit city have some pretty cheap subs, like 30 bucks

Juggalo Jeff
Unregistered guest
well i would hate to say it and you would be the laughing stock but get a thump or a dual sub if u want a pos that will give u a little bass

Bronze Member
Username: Followyoursole

Post Number: 27
cheap subs will leave you wanting more. The cheapest i went was 80 bucks for a 12 inch infinity dvc sub. Its decent for price but now i want more. Youll want even more after getting one of those generic subs.

Anonymous

well i mean i want subs that are on sale or ebay stuff like that or personal seller i mean i have herd a 12" sony exploid do what i am looking for i bought 2 pioneer 10" subs for $40 a peice that pound like crazy and one cold morning i went to get somthing out of my trunk and i was playing around and pushed lightly on one of my subs and i could hardly move them they just have that plain foam suround, well corect me if im wrong but i think the winter of northern minnesota might be to much for them so im looking for a cheap 12" just 12" sub now that i wont care if it gets ruind

Silver Member

Bemidji, MN Usa

Post Number: 194
i dont know why i set that to anonymous but that was me and well this is the kind of stuff i am looking for read the first guys reveiw he make a good pount this is all i am looking for though

http://www.circuitcity.com/rpsm/oid/89480/pageno/1/order/D/sortby/1/rpem/ccd/pro ductDetailReview.do#tabs

Anonymous

you could try some thumps?

ELECGENIUS
Unregistered guest
i would recommed instead of buying 2 cheap subs get a dhd 1000 max sub for 60 bucks and put it on a box with a divided chamber. then save up some money to buy your second dhd. that is a cheap sub with decent power and getting something a il better will cut your urge, even though its just one, but it sure beats reselling ur cheaper subs later and getting ripped off, cus u decided the power wasnt good enough and wanted to spend more-----thats how i became broke----trying to upgrade my system instead of getting something good since the beggining

Bronze Member
Username: Napalmz

MIDWEST

Post Number: 15
cheap sub?? hmm why waste your time..cold or not its what you pay for..it could be 80degrees and your "cheap sub" will be worthless..pay the money and get something worth your time..

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 257
Shouldn't it be the colder the better? Not as much worry about stuff over heating you'd think. I've really never heard of subs or amps being hurt because their too cold.

Anonymous

if you want something cheap then you should get a sub that is same brand as your amp. two diff kinds of cheap subs and amp dont work too good, but if they are the same brand then it shoudl work pretty good for you, i bought one of the cheap $40 vr3 subs and a matching vr3 amp from walmart and theyre 12" sub box and it had pretty dman good bass for bein cheap sh!t

Silver Member
Username: Blindc1rca

Post Number: 196
http://store.rfgcaraudio.com/yhst-23885122663665/lwf10x.html

Who can beat that? Legacy LWF10X. $13.68.

Silver Member

Post Number: 197
http://store.rfgcaraudio.com/yhst-23885122663665/wx102x.html

Pyramid WX102X. $12.71. OH jeez just beat my own.

Silver Member

Bemidji, MN Usa

Post Number: 195
thats perfect also im not worried about the heat but the cold kinda froze the subs that i have but they pound like crazy on a nice day i just dont want to lose them the 2 subs i was just shown i well more likly use for the winter then sell to some idiot for more then i payed for them its just the kind of guy i am :D

Silver Member

Post Number: 198
yea you can rest assured that those subs are complete pieces of crap. i mean they are probably so stiff that the cold air wont stiffen them anymore. just recognize that they are waaay over rated, they probably handle 1/2 their RMS.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us