Scosche amp kit vs. Name brand amp kit

Bronze Member
Username: Lostrookie

New Castle, PA United States

Post Number: 32
Im looking for a 4 guage amp kit to wire to my JBL BP1200.1 amp and subs and i was wondering if getting a Scosche amp kit from Wal-mart would make any difference than getting a more expensive one online. Would name brand wires make the subs hit harder? Would the name brand wires last longer? Is Scosche less durable and would you recommend buying a 4 guage Scosche amp kit?

Silver Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac, FL USA

Post Number: 167
The only really limiting part of that kit would be the RCA cables. If you already have good RCA's go for it. The more expensive 4 gauge usually just has more strands and is more flexible. The insulation might also be somewhat thicker but if you use a rubber grommet in the firewall(and you should regardless) its no big deal. 4 gauge is pretty much 4 gauge when it comes to current handling and I believe that Scosche stuff is "oxygen free" so corrosion shouldn't be a problem.

I'm actually thinking of purchasing that exact kit to upgrade my alternator wires. Its cheaper than getting the 4 gauge by the foot and has some other neat goodies inside for later use.

-Fishy

Username: Ashaman

Post Number: 2
I was thinking about getting the amp kit too. What are they selling this for at your Wal Mart? I will be powering a Brutus 1500 at 1 ohm to two 12 l7's. Do you think that this can handle that power?

Silver Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac, FL USA

Post Number: 186
I think it was like 25 bucks or something, but every time I decide to buy it my Walmart(s) seem to be out of stock.

yep, here it is:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=1863080

a lot of stuff for $24.64 just don't count on the rca's although they may work just fine.

-Fishy

Username: Ashaman

Post Number: 3
That looks pretty decent for the price. Do you think it could power my Amp though with a problem? Supposedly, I should be running 1500W RMS total to my subs, and I don't want to blow something.

Username: Adam_s

Post Number: 7
i got it and it works fine....nothing has ever gone wrong with my wires

Bronze Member
Username: Jarryd2018

Post Number: 42
would this kit work for a kicker kx1200.1

Username: Switchmaster

Ann Arbor, MI USA

Post Number: 2
the difference with the more expensive brands is the insulation around all the wires. as everyone else has said is the rca are probably crap. but everything else will be fine.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us