Quick question...jon or glass

Anonymous

how do you get sponsored like i see people and they are sponsored by like rockford or sumfin...how do you do that.

Anonymous

guys???

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2310
I wish I was fortunate enough to have been sponsored , like by Eclipse (cough, cough) :-)

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 2311
Seriously, though, usually those that get sponsored are those that show a serious effort and are dedicated to competing, and are good at it. Manufacturers see sponsorship as advertising, so obviously, if you're good, then you'll be good for their business. Those that are well known and have respect will get sponsorship easily. Also, they're going to like someone who's installs border on pretty, trailer queen kinda stuff, really basic, simple installs need not apply. They want more extreme installs that will catch the public eye and make you want to look at their product, and of course, perform well too. The car will need to be up to snuff as well, with a nice paint job among other extremes, like flashy rims, lambo doors, etc. Chances are they're not going to sponsor a stock, unexciting Geo Metro or something along those lines. Import tuner showing off kind of stuff, carbon fiber, plexiglass, neon, wings, chrome, the whole nine yards. If you want a sponsorship, you generally have to compete, show up at comps, and give it your best effort, proving you have the knowledge needed to win and are dedicated to the sport.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4626
Jon's got it pretty much on the head there.
You can contact companies to see if they'll sponsor you, but in general, they want someone in the top rung of the competition circles who'll go to X number of events yearly to show off their goods, willing to wear their clothes etc.. basically you get pimped out to them to get their stuff.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 2315
Just too bad I'm not best friends with Robert Zeff or Demitrios Karabinis, I'd love to get a huge discount on some Rainbow and Arc stuff whenever I do another car :-)

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 2317
How's the Charger coming, by the way? Yourself being a Mopar fan, did you see Rides this week, they built Joe Rogan a '71 Challenger, that thing was plain out wicked.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4656
haha good timing. yeah I caught that one. his cuda.
the challenger was on Overhaulin'
god I wanted to strangle that bozo with the SUBLIME green Challenger.
it isn't called "sassy grass" or wtfever he called it.

"SubLime" was a high impact color for the A-bodies that was a $15 option on the car.
They also had "Plum Crazy" purple and a few others.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 2331
Yep, had em backwards. Sassy grass just sounds kinda...like it's got some sugar in it's tank if you know what I mean.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us