Eclipse Aluminum

Bronze Member
Username: Felixtheshiker

Arkansas City, KS United States

Post Number: 14
Since i'm not sure on how to determine totally which sub is better i was wondering which of these 2 will have a higher SPL and Sq....SW8122 DVC-Eclipse aluminum 12" or SW8122.4 -Eclipse 12" aluminum SVC sub, the DVC costs more but it looks to me like the SVC would hit harder bedcause of the ohms and the lower hertz.... i'm buyin 2 of whichever one is better, BUT i have no clue on what amp to get, any help would be much appriciated, thanks

the website for the 2 is http://www.woofersetc.com/subcatmfgprod.asp?0=279&1=285&2=1093

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 2244
SPL will be the same, DVC just allows more wiring options. The hz you're talking about is the resonant frequency, and really doesn't have much effect on SPL output. Both will hit just as hard if you give them the required power.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
on the SVC can you still parallel wire it?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
On the amp how would i make it to where i can give both of the DVC's the equal amount of power? or what type of amp should i get?

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 2251
If you plan to get two subs, it's easier to save money and get the two SVC subs since that will give a 2 ohm load. With two DVC Aluminums, your options are either a 1 or 4 ohm load, and it's harder to find an amp that puts that much power out. Get an amp that does about 1000-1200W RMS at 2 ohms such as a JBL 1200.1, etc. and hook both subs in parallel to the amp. Then you'll be good to go.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
alright, thank you very much

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
Hmmm while i was looking for the jbl 1200.1 i found a jbl BP-1200.1Z---it says that this amp is 2ohm stable at 600W * 1200W, but it also says that it's one ohm stable, does that mean it's just one ohm stable with one sub?...sorry if i'm being annoying, lol, i'm just trying to learn this stuff...

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 2273
That particular amp is regulated to produce 1200W RMS at either 1 or 2 ohms. At 4 ohm, it puts out 600W RMS. Gives flexibility, it's stable down to 1 ohm, so anything higher than that isn't a problem.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us