Alpine swr-1021d 10's

Username: Marck05

Halifax, NS Canada

Post Number: 1
Reviews say these subs need very high power. If I have a Boss-as260 which pushes 1200w or 600 x 2 at 4 ohms, will it be enought power to push 2 alpine SWR-1021D 10'S?? Even will it work temporarily with my metal music? The 10's will be in .6^3 ft truck boxes which are sealed. And when I come up with the cash, which amp should I invest in to better power these subs?

Juggalo Jeff
Unregistered guest
no they dont need high power i have 2 alpine type r's 1041d's and im givin them about 360 watts rms each the rating on them is 300 watts rms just look at some amps at cardomain.com or ne where its east to find an amp to go with these

Halifax, NS Canada

Post Number: 2
Reviews say that 1041's don't need as much power as 1021's. Apparently there is a large difference between the 2. But should my 1200w amp work?

Silver Member
Username: Heavyb

Hopkins, Sc Usa

Post Number: 153
okay the rms rating on them is 300 so in a sealed application like urs the most u will need is about 350. ur amp doesnt put out what it says. sorry to tell u but boss highly overrates. even so it will still run those subs decantly. if u can sell it and get something else. u should be fine though.

Halifax, NS Canada

Post Number: 3
So would any old amp with a rms rating of about 350 per sub work? I am also looking for suggestions on which amp or amps to go with to suit these subs. I don't need them to blow my doors off my truck or have them used to eject my seats, i just want nice clean sound at a respectable level. I listen to anything from zeppelin and pink floyd to cradle of filth, children of bodom, killswitch engage, and zakk wylde. all the sh!t between. So SUPER HARD nutz crushing bass isn't a big issue. Unless the G/F sticks some of her tunes in.

Username: Cleveland

Post Number: 10
get a 15inch r type
it will be louder than boath 10ns
trust me!!!

Halifax, NS Canada

Post Number: 4
Only 1 major problem. I HAVE A DAMN RANGER!!!! Aside from the point I have already bought the 10's. I don't need it to be loud. I just want it to sound nice. How would I fit a 15 behind the seats of my truck??? I wouldn't without doing some major modifying. I just need to know what is a good amp to go with the two. I am told by the local salesman that a MRD-M501 should to the trick if I pushed them at 2 ohms. Thank you for your help!! It is appreciated

Halifax, NS Canada

Post Number: 6
The local salesman says That I need high power to run the subs efficiently. He suggested the MRD-M501, which runs at 550RMS approx at 2 ohms. He said 2 ohms is probably best to run my subs. If I am planning on getting 2 amps to run these subs, would 2 mrd-m501 be the right way to go, or should i purchase something different if I am planning on running these 2 subs on 2 amps? Or maby should I just purchase 1 -- MRD-M1001??

Silver Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac, FL USA

Post Number: 459
Just remember to match impedances. Those subs are probably best wired with voice coils in series to give you 4 ohms each. If your gonna use two amps just make sure they develop the power you want at 4 ohms(or 1 ohm with vc's in parallel). Any amp used to power them together should be able to do its stuff at 2 ohms.

Personally I think a one amp solution would be your best option, simpler install and simpler adjustments(balancing two amps gain-wise might be tricky).

-Fishy

Halifax, NS Canada

Post Number: 7
Good then... I have made my decision on the MRD-M1001... THank you for your help
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us