3 Amps Do I need anything extra to power this?

Bronze Member
Username: Flyfishin4trout

Park City, UT USA

Post Number: 12
I have three amps

Mcintosh MC431M that is 100x4 bridged to 200x2
US Amps DE-500 that is 500x1
US Amps USA-400 that is 50x2

I set of comps and one set of coax's. Do I need any extra power besides stock stuff. I have a 2004 Toyota 4Runner. Thanks

Bronze Member

Park City, UT USA

Post Number: 14
Glass I need ya on this one Man. Thanks Eric

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 303
Hey Eric, Glass might be sick today so I'll answer your question. You will need new power wires for sure if all 3 amps are going to be installed. I'd put in 4 gauge or lower.
Now when you say stock stuff, are you implying that there is power wire already in your car? If it's 4 gauge, then you should be fine. I doubt that though, cause no car company will put anything good for nothing.

Bronze Member

Park City, UT USA

Post Number: 15
I am not sure what you mean by power wire. I bought three new Stinger HP 4 gauge amp kits for the amps. Do those come with the power wire that you are referring to.

Fonsworth Bentley
Unregistered guest
take 2 of those amp kits back dude. Buy a Distrubution block so you can hook up all power wires to that. Get some extra wire for remote and ground for the other amps. you may get a little bit of dimming on your head lights and then for that you will need a higher output alternator.

Fonsworth Fosgate
Unregistered guest
yeah power wire does come in amp kits. It's usually the thick red wire.

Silver Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 335
Don't be so quick with the returns. Remember each amp kit contains it's own 4 gauge wire and fuse. This means you can potentially power 1500W per kit. A distribution block won't allow you to have that much power cause it's dividing one power wire into several.
If you don't need that much power then Fonsworth's advice is good.
BTY, the power wire means the 4 gauge red wire and black/clear ground wire.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us