Viper alarm valet switch wiring problem

Username: Vmtank

Tucson, AZ

Post Number: 1
I have a 93 mustang that came with a viper alarm installed. The guy I bought it from knew nothing about it. It has a two button remote and I don't know what model it is.

I have found what I believe to be a valet switch. It is a small rocker switch located underneath the steering column. The problem I have is it has three wires leading to it but only one of them is connected. It is a black wire going to pin one. I have a white and red wire that need to be connected.

I ran an ohm check on the switch. it has three positions. In position one pins one and two are connected. In position two no pins are connected. In position three (momentary on) pins two and three are connected.

I need to know which wire to put to which pin and I would also like to know what the different positions do.

Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis~

Post Number: 156
it sounds more like its a power over ride switch because it has three wires, most valet switches only have two wires. i guess i'm not to much help ey? what i would do is follow the white and red wire to point A, then we can figure out where to connect'em to cause we'll know where they're comin from
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us